PDA

View Full Version : Greetings all!

Radioboy950
October 29th, 2007, 11:27 AM
This is a great forum, and I’m really glad I stumbled upon this on-line community of players/enthusiasts. While doing some gear research, I found a couple Youtube clips featuring a guy giving a demo of the Vox AD50VT. After watching/listening to this great player (Robert) demo his rig, I was sold on the amp and was blown away by the tasty riffs I was hearing.

To Robert: I love your playing style and tones. Some of the best I have ever heard.
By the way, Vox & Fender should send you a commission check :D . After checking out your video demos, I bought the Vox along with an American Series Telecaster (Vintage White w/rosewood fretboard).

I also play a ’78 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Schecter (Diamond Series), Ibanez Acoustic/Electric and a Washburn Acoustic. My setup includes a 1990 Peavey Studio Pro 112, TS9 Tubescreamer and a Boss Chorus. It’s a solid state amp, but I can dial in a very nice fat & gritty tone with the LP through the TS9 on the amp’s clean channel. I also have one of those Fender digital amps for fun and practice (decent backing tracks and rhythm accompaniments.

I consider myself a hobby player right now (no gigs/no band). But I have played on & off for about 35 years, and I would like to get together at some point to jam with others again. My son and I play together quite a bit and record with “Garageband”.

Looking forward to being part of Thefret.

Spudman
October 29th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Great way to introduce yourself into the forum by sucking up to the boss. :beer:
You'll be invited to stay for a long time now. :)

Tone2TheBone
October 29th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Welcome RB. :)

Robert
October 29th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Radioboy - big thanks for that intro! And very welcome to the Fret! You are invited to stay here for a long time now, just as Spudman says! :AOK:

duhvoodooman
October 29th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Geez, we're gonna need a second forum to make room for Robert's head!! :eek: ;) But, yeah, he sure can spank a plank for a Swedish Canuck!

Seriously, welcome to TheFret, Radioboy. We're glad to have you here. Some nice gear there, too! :AOK:

Justaguyin_nc
October 29th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Geez, we're gonna need a second forum to make room for Robert's head!! :AOK:

Actually...I always thought theFRET.net was Robert.. with others thrown in for flavor..:)

Welcome RadioBoy... Robert has that effect on people...
get ready to buy a Hellhound and maybe some Reverend guitars..:rotflmao:

I have done figured out I need to get me one of those Club Kings or Chargers for my P90 type guitar... again.. Robert's influence...

Welcome to the board!!

sunvalleylaw
October 29th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Welcome! Great intro! My son and I started taking lessons a year and a few months ago, and I am getting set up to record with him in Garageband as well. I would love to get your thoughts on approaching it. Nice collection of gear too!

just strum
October 29th, 2007, 03:49 PM
RB, welcome to thefret. If you are taken by Robert's playing, you will enjoy dolphinstreet.com, that is assuming you haven't visited there already.

Look forward to reading your post.

BTW, which Washburn do you have?

ted s
October 29th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Welcome Radioboy, nice intro.
Where about are you from ? Check out our fretters map
....... v ...... below

Guitar Gal
October 29th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Nice to have you aboard RB950 :DR

GG

warren0728
October 29th, 2007, 05:17 PM
welcome Radioboy950....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww :pancake

note: this welcome copyrighted 2007...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

luvmyshiner
October 29th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Hey RB, good to see ya! Like Strum says, tell us a little about that Washburn.

t_ross33
October 29th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Great way to introduce yourself into the forum by sucking up to the boss. :beer:
You'll be invited to stay for a long time now. :)

**psst... didn't you tell him it's the new guy's turn to buy a round for the house? :beer:

Welcome aboard RB. Sounds like you'll be right at home here (... geez, he even has a Washburn acoustic - he'll fit right in with the Washouts too :Dude: )

Trev

just strum
October 29th, 2007, 06:20 PM
(... geez, he even has a Washburn acoustic - he'll fit right in with the Washouts too :Dude: )

Trev

Since the Washout group seems a bit smaller, I hope we can soon be referred to as fretters. It's sort of like being divorced and being reminded of your ex every day.:beer:

t_ross33
October 29th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Since the Washout group seems a bit smaller, I hope we can soon be referred to as fretters. It's sort of like being divorced and being reminded of your ex every day.:beer:

Awwww... we're all one big happy family here! I said it with love, man! :rotflmao:

Anyone who loves guitars, loves talking about guitars, and treats his fellow guitar-lovers with the respect that they, as lovers of guitars, deserve - is a FELLOW FRETTER in my books :AOK: Besides, I have too much to learn from y'all - can't afford to pss anyone off! Rawk On Brother! :Dude:

Trev

YerDugliness
October 29th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Hi, RB!! Good to see another member join--welcome, you'll find this a pretty decent bunch, no flameouts, just good, cheerful banter!

Now, I can't believe nobody has said anything about this, but I'd sure like to hear more about that Washburn you play :deadhorse: :whatever:

Oh, yeah, if you like beer, get acquainted with Shiner :beer: !!

If you like pancakes, well........................:pancake

Oh, yeah, we like to talk guitar, too, but there's more. Since I've joined, I start my day with the "Have you heard" board every morning. I've been turned on to more cool performers than I can count, people whom I would have never heard had it not been for the eclectic bunch around here.

Welcome, and enjoy!!

Dugly :cool:

LagrangeCalvert
October 30th, 2007, 12:53 AM
Oh, yeah, we like to talk guitar, too, but there's more. Since I've joined, I start my day with the "Have you heard" board every morning. I've been turned on to more cool performers than I can count, people whom I would have never heard had it not been for the eclectic bunch around here!
Dugly :cool:

+Infinity......you never know what you can get your hands...er...ears into. Thanks to everyone for giving us good choices in the Have you Heard section.

Adrian30
October 30th, 2007, 05:55 AM
Welcome RB! It's a great forum and a really nice bunch of people. Nice to have you here. Just a tip, if I may, you got to watch your GAS here...as marnold said once: GAS is free. Relief is quite costly.:D

just strum
October 30th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Awwww... we're all one big happy family here! I said it with love, man! :rotflmao:

Anyone who loves guitars, loves talking about guitars, and treats his fellow guitar-lovers with the respect that they, as lovers of guitars, deserve - is a FELLOW FRETTER in my books :AOK: Besides, I have too much to learn from y'all - can't afford to pss anyone off! Rawk On Brother! :Dude:

Trev

I wasn't taking offense and you certainly haven't pss'd me off - guess it's the desire to remove myself from the Wash ID. Besides I own more Epiphones than Washburn's - I'm an Epi, but preferably a fretter.

I received a warm welcome and think highly of the ole place.

mrmudcat
October 31st, 2007, 04:22 AM
Welcome from a new member to a new member.You should find it very nice and friendly here. Not much drama and some good smart people around this joint!!:beer: :pancake

Second round of beer on me and Warren has some flap-jacks for ya!!!:deadhorse:

M29
October 31st, 2007, 04:59 AM
Welcome Radioboy950, good to have you aboard:AOK:

M29

Brian Krashpad
October 31st, 2007, 07:44 AM
Welcome Radioboy950! What model Schecter do you have? "Diamond Series" covers a lot of ground these days.

Radioboy950
November 1st, 2007, 07:58 AM
Hi Brian. I have played my Gibson LP Standard for everthing since I bought it brand new in 1978. While messing around at the Guitar Center, I could not believe how well this Schecter "Gryphon" played. Looks killer too.

Brian Krashpad
November 1st, 2007, 08:14 AM
Hi Brian. I have played my Gibson LP Standard for everthing since I bought it brand new in 1978. While messing around at the Guitar Center, I could not believe how well this Schecter "Gryphon" played. Looks killer too.

Cool!

I have one of their more retro models, also a Diamond Series import, a Tempest Special. Got mine used locally for $250 w/ohsc. It rocks!

http://a198.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/124/m_427707a078708ba3dbe0ca87eb23b7d5.jpghttp://a289.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/110/m_17f8e443674867105a6016850c9e3aa0.jpg