PDA

View Full Version : Got new toys! Eminence Wizards!

Robert
October 29th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Hoho, I got myself a pair of Eminence Red Coat Wizard speakers! Yeehaaw!

They arrived today. I'll probably install them later this week. Hopefully the sound kick-a$$ good in my Avatar 2x12 cab. :drool:

Spudman
October 29th, 2007, 06:07 PM
When did you order those? Before the recall or after?

Just kidding.:D I have a new set of Vintage 30's sitting here waiting for installation. Thanks for the reminder.

duhvoodooman
October 29th, 2007, 06:09 PM
What kind of speakers came in the Avatar cab, Robert?

Robert
October 29th, 2007, 06:18 PM
I ordered these with my 18 watter, which is shipping tomorrow.

The speakers in my Avatar are right now Celestion Seventy-80's, I've been told. I'll find out for sure once I open up the cab.

250Keith
October 29th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Robert are those in a closed or open back cab? I'm going to order the 212 with greenbacks in a closed back cab for a low watt head.

Robert
October 29th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Closed back. I hope I can get the Wizards installed tomorrow. They should sound good I hope!

duhvoodooman
October 29th, 2007, 07:34 PM
I hope I can get the Wizards installed tomorrow. They should sound good I hope!
Shouldn't be a problem--it's a quick job. Crank 'em down good. You don't want to develop vibration.

Jimi75
October 30th, 2007, 02:04 AM
I ordered these with my 18 watter, which is shipping tomorrow.

The speakers in my Avatar are right now Celestion Seventy-80's, I've been told. I'll find out for sure once I open up the cab.

Robert, I can not comment on the speakers, sorry, but I am a speaker noob so to say.
BUT one thing for sure, I can't wait to hear you guy play on your new amp!!!!!
:Dude:

Robert
October 30th, 2007, 07:20 AM
I installed them last night! Only had 2 minutes to play at low volumes, the kids were going to bed.... but still, I heard a clarity the other speakers don't have. I'll try record a quick demo at lunch today if I can!

Robert
October 30th, 2007, 09:18 AM
I wrote up some notes on my blog here

http://www.dolphinstreet.com/blog/eminence-wizard-2x12.php

:)

LagrangeCalvert
October 30th, 2007, 05:58 PM
I have a cab that I am filling with a bunch of eminence speakers....its a 4x12 cab that I am gonna set up for two 2x12 operation so I can run two heads out of them......this will be my gigging rig here in a couple months.

Im gonna run a classic 30 head out of two eminence cannabis rex's and a peavey windsor head out of one Eminence govenor and an eminence wizard.... ......

I will be able to get some some awesome cleans...some great U.S. voiced O.D. and raunchy Brit flavored rock sounds.....

Robert....I chose Eminence over just about every speaker except a rare few...

Good luck with your cab and they will sound killer once their broken in then you will really be happy you bought these speakers!

snarph
November 5th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Robert where did you order you 18 wat from is it a kit or finished amp ?

Robert
November 6th, 2007, 06:43 AM
See www.mackamps.com