PDA

View Full Version : My band won the Local Battle of the Bands

LagrangeCalvert
October 30th, 2007, 12:48 AM
SO.....not to make a huge deal of it....But my band won a local battle of the bands. No prise for this one B U T we have a semi-national one to play in now worth 500 Dollars, Recording Time, An Interview with a local radio station of our choice :whatever: , and our stuff gets presented to any label we want....

Just thought it was cool...and now you all "Have Heard"

Now back to you regularly schedule program!:Dude: :Dude: :Dude: :Dude:

Jimi75
October 30th, 2007, 01:55 AM
WOW! That is great news!

Now you are on your way, he!?

CONGRATZ!

:beer:

Brian Krashpad
October 30th, 2007, 07:39 AM
Congrats! Battles of the Bands can be great fun if they're not pay-to-play and the bands don't take themselves or the "competition" too seriously. I've been in several and never won the big prizes but have won small amounts of cash, t-shirts, drinks, and, most importantly, in one contest a chance to play on a huge stage at our county fair. We got some great band photos out of that.

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/7547/img0044gi4.jpg

Spudman
October 30th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Way cool LC. Good luck with the next phase. Make sure all your mates keep a cool head.

Big_Rob
October 30th, 2007, 07:59 AM
COOL! Congrats and good luck!

R_of_G
October 30th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Way to go L.C. Good luck in the next one and keep us posted!:Dude:

sunvalleylaw
October 30th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Congrats!!!! :Dude: :beavisnbutthead:

just strum
October 30th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Great to hear - Congrats and Good Luck!!!

Tone2TheBone
October 30th, 2007, 11:39 AM
Congratulations. :)

SuperSwede
October 30th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Congrats!

LagrangeCalvert
October 30th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Thank you all for the support....were happy and satisfied to have won this round of competition...and we don't take it seriously BUT we really want the recording time.

Fat Strings
December 31st, 2007, 01:35 PM
Just to keep everyone up to date, the finals are this Saturday. We'll let you know how we do!

FS

Spudman
December 31st, 2007, 05:04 PM
Uh oh! Now there are band wars. Doesn't anyone get along any more?:thwap:

Best wishes to you guys. Kick butt and have fun.:AOK:

oldguy
December 31st, 2007, 05:28 PM
LC & FS- Best of luck to you guys.....your band sounds great, I've listened to the clips.....you'll do great.
Rock out and have fun. That's what it's all about, anyway.:rockon:

Fat Strings
January 2nd, 2008, 07:59 AM
Oh yeah, we're going to have a stupid amount of fun come this Saturday. Rockin' out, makin' sure everyone knows who we are, complete with "Happy New Year" hats and noisemakers!

FS

pie_man_25
January 2nd, 2008, 11:01 AM
Thank you all for the support....were happy and satisfied to have won this round of competition...and we don't take it seriously BUT we really want the recording time.

congrats man! I hope you get that time too:beer:

aeolian
January 2nd, 2008, 11:08 AM
I'm not surprised you guys won, I heard the songs you posted before and your band is a tight band.

M29
January 2nd, 2008, 07:04 PM
Congrats that is awesome:AOK:

M29

Fat Strings
January 2nd, 2008, 09:22 PM
Thank you guys so much for your kind words. It really does mean a lot to us that people other than our significant others think so highly of our music! I'm sure you all know what I mean. "oh honey, that sounds great".........almost like they "have" to say it.....maybe I'm alone on that one....who knows. Seriously though fellas, mega thanks for the kind words!

FS

sunvalleylaw
January 2nd, 2008, 09:27 PM
I really like your stuff, and especially the energy you put into it. Good luck guys! Like I said, if you come out with an EP or something, I will buy it.

tot_Ou_tard
January 2nd, 2008, 09:56 PM
I really like your stuff, and especially the energy you put into it. Good luck guys! Like I said, if you come out with an EP or something, I will buy it.
Ditto! Good luck Saturday!