PDA

View Full Version : Back From Sunny South

6STRINGS 9LIVES
March 5th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Back From 3 Weeks In The Sun , God I Hate Winter , Greeted By About 4 Feet Of Snow In My Driveway, Time To Fire Up The Old Honda And Get To Work On The Driveway,, I See We Have Several New Members , Welcome To All You New Fretters... Gonna Get Caught Up On All The Posts I Missed Later .... 6s9l

SuperSwede
March 5th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Welcome back 6S9L!
I hope you had a good time, and that your Honda was nice to you despite the fact that you left it in the cold for 3 weeks ;)

Nelskie
March 5th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Yo 69SL - Three weeks in the sun? You're one lucky dog, my friend! Good luck with the driveway!!

6STRINGS 9LIVES
March 5th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Yeah great time Super..hard to come back and face all this snow..40cm more coming tonight ... i need a rum on the beach mon ..... great to see all the new members round here , looks like the place is a rockin'..

6STRINGS 9LIVES
March 5th, 2006, 11:05 AM
hey Nelskie hows tricks ...

Nelskie
March 5th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Awesome. Playing like a mad fool. My Custom Shop '69's are on the way for my Classic 60's Strat, so I'm nearly giddy with excitement. Hey, drop me an e-mail when you have time.

6STRINGS 9LIVES
March 5th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Nelskie You are going to love those 69's .. might just be the best of the cs windings , i love em' ,beautifully voiced and soooo glassy ... I had the opportunity to sit in with the house band at the resort what a blast they were all islanders and smokin hot players , we knew lotsa tunes in common but mostly we just jammed ,, ever try to play johnny b goode with a ragae feel , too much especially when you've been quaffing down copius amounts of red stripe and rum all day and burnt to a crisp from the sun..i love the islanders total acceptance of what ever life brings their way ...EVERY LITTLE THING GONNA BE AH RIH.... i bought an amp on ebay for one of the kids that worked at the resort, he lost his mind , got it while i was still there ( less time in purgatory for me ) and i made a friend for life ..... winter sucks ...6S9L

SuperSwede
March 5th, 2006, 01:18 PM
We had lots of snow here as well. I am really sick and tired of it!
Would be awesome even with one week in the sun! Only sunburn you get here right now is that coming from the computer screen ;)

Matt
March 5th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Why is it everywhere but where I live that gets alot of snow? common, whats your secret eh? lol, welcome back 6S9L, thought I hadnt seen posts from you for a while :P

regards

Matt

SuperSwede
March 5th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Matt, you can have 1 meter of mine, no problemas. Bring your own truck and shovel...

Nelskie
March 5th, 2006, 01:47 PM
69SL - Loved your 1:11 PM post. I extend my warmest "back to reality" welcome to you! Did'ja conjure a *new* reggae version of "Dancin' on the Head of a Pin" while you were down there??!! FYI - It's the runaway hit of the winter w/ me and my gang down here in Fargo! No kiddin'!

Matt - We have about 2' of standing snow-pack here in my home town. How about I pack some of it up for you, and ship it to the UK?

Robert
March 5th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Welcome back 6s9l, where did you go for the heat?

Lots of snow in Alberta too, but I hear Nova Scotia got it a lot worse.

6STRINGS 9LIVES
March 5th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Jamacia...ochios Rios..beautiful... Robert The Last Time We Talked You Were Going To Sweden To Visit Family , I Hope Everything Turned Out Well .?

Tim
March 6th, 2006, 06:29 AM
6S9L -Welcome back "home" to Fret Net. I agree with Nelskie, we need to hear a new version of "Dancin' on the Head of a Pin" reggae style.

Robert
March 6th, 2006, 09:28 AM
6s9l, yes I came back from Sweden on Feb 25th. Read my rant about my horrible return trip in the Open Mic forum... I had a good stay with my dad and it was priceless to have him meet our 2.5 year old daughter.