PDA

View Full Version : We got new gear at the Sunvalley house

sunvalleylaw
October 30th, 2007, 08:58 PM
(I put this here instead of under "Other instruments" because this is a guitar board.)

Well, it is a gift for my wife and second son for Christmas, and I can't open it or play with it yet, but it sure looks like fun! A digital piano with synth features and USB midi.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11188564&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=&lang=en-US

http://music.yamaha.com/products/specifications.html?productId=105576&hierarchy_id=20019_20018_16277

Someone's nice piano test clips here:

AyiRfAZg1qU

Costco had them in the store for $699. I played with it and the full 88 key keyboard, which is weighted, seems very nice. 500 voices with a lot of nice sounds, strings, horns, drums, etc.

My wife saved for it, and it is going to be a music Christmas! My little daughter is getting a little pink acoustic guitar with steel strings, and we are all going to rock! :Dude:

Nice to get your spouse involved with the GAS! :D

t_ross33
October 30th, 2007, 09:15 PM
(I put this here instead of under "Other instruments" because this is a guitar board.)

Well, it is a gift for my wife and second son for Christmas, and I can't open it or play with it yet, but it sure looks like fun! A digital piano with synth features and USB midi.

ttp://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11188564&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=&lang=en-US

http://music.yamaha.com/products/specifications.html?productId=105576&hierarchy_id=20019_20018_16277

A nice piano test clip here:

AyiRfAZg1qU

Costco had them in the store for $699. I played with it and the full 88 key keyboard, which is weighted, seems very nice. 500 voices with a lot of nice sounds, strings, horns, drums, etc.

My wife saved for it, and it is going to be a music Christmas! My little daughter is getting a little pink acoustic guitar with steel strings, and we are all going to rock! :Dude:

Nice to get your spouse involved with the GAS! :D

Very cool SVL! We have a DGX-505 that's very similar. I'm eyeing it up for it's MIDI and drum/bass loop capabilities for my future recording projects :Dude: In the meantime, it's my daughter's practice piano. The kids have a great time with it, even has some music teaching capability whereby they can play along with a song, read the music on the display and it will only sound if you are hitting the right notes. My eldest is a whiz with "The Entertainer" now - she plays it at about 600 bpm :beavisnbutthead:

Nice score. (Get it, "score" like piano "music score" - I'm such a card! :rotflmao: )

Trev

Tone2TheBone
October 30th, 2007, 09:50 PM
WOW bro that's awesome! What a nice Christmas!

sunvalleylaw
October 30th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Very cool SVL! We have a DGX-505 that's very similar. I'm eyeing it up for it's MIDI and drum/bass loop capabilities for my future recording projects :Dude: In the meantime, it's my daughter's practice piano. The kids have a great time with it, even has some music teaching capability whereby they can play along with a song, read the music on the display and it will only sound if you are hitting the right notes. My eldest is a whiz with "The Entertainer" now - she plays it at about 600 bpm :beavisnbutthead:

Nice score. (Get it, "score" like piano "music score" - I'm such a card! :rotflmao: )

Trev

LOL!! That you are Trev! Ours has the teaching feature too. I did basically school recitals with the Entertainer, and the Maple Leaf Rag (which I actually liked a little better) as a kid. It would be fun to hear the Entertainer all punk'd up Ramones tempo style. :Dude: I was testing the keyboard with the little tiny shreds of the Entertainer melody I remember. I am sure I will be revisiting it soon.

Tone, thanks bud! Yep, that should help add some fun factor to the Christmas festivities.

Jimi75
October 31st, 2007, 02:15 AM
That is beautiful!

There is nothing better like a music Christmas. I am not a very well educated piano player, but at least I can play the chords and melodies and I love to sing with my kids and the rest of the family at Christmas.

Guitar Gal
October 31st, 2007, 07:34 AM
Very nice addition to the family SVL :D

Looks like another opportunity to learn some new riffs and mess around with some backing tracks.....cool :Dude:

GG

Brian Krashpad
October 31st, 2007, 07:37 AM
Cool! I don't know anything about keys but more instruments for the kids is always fun.

sunvalleylaw
October 31st, 2007, 10:04 AM
Thanks guys. I forgot to mention that my older son who has been taking guitar lessons on an acoustice will receive his Fullerton ST-3 strat pack at the same time. I have visions of a cacaphony of sound going into my computer via the new Toneport with two guitars, and the keyboard through the USB midi. It is going to be noisy, because everyone is a beginner, but it will be fun. :AOK:

Big_Rob
October 31st, 2007, 10:12 AM
Sweet keys!!!

duhvoodooman
October 31st, 2007, 10:33 AM
Wow, nice set of ivories, Sun! Looks like a Merry Christmas in the offing at the SVL homestead! :Dude: