PDA

View Full Version : Image hosting added to theFretNet!

Robert
October 31st, 2007, 07:46 AM
I am happy to tell you I've been working hard to give you something I think you'll like. Registered users can now upload images!

Look at the top navigation bar. 3rd link from the left says "VB Image Host". From there, you can upload or view your images and other people's images, if they have made them public.

After you upload an images, you can decide if you want it visible to the world or not.

Also, there is a quick upload feature you can use as you are posting a message. Go to the Advanced view, and under the smilies, you can access your photos and/or do a Quick Upload.

Registered users can upload 10 images
Contributing members can upload 100 images.

I'm awaiting your feedback, hope you like this new feature.

Tone2TheBone
October 31st, 2007, 08:35 AM
How does this differ from the way we posted images before? Can we see all the images we've posted then?

Edited: Nevermind I just tried it. Cool!

Robert
October 31st, 2007, 08:37 AM
This is like an upload folder. You can see mine here - http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=viewimages&id=7

You can from one place browse everybody else's images too.

Tone2TheBone
October 31st, 2007, 08:41 AM
This is like an upload folder. You can see mine here - http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=viewimages&id=7

You can from one place browse everybody else's images too.

I like this feature because most of the time other member's images don't show up on my screen cause of the filter blocking web storage sites etc. This is very cool Robert thanks!

duhvoodooman
October 31st, 2007, 10:29 AM
Cool addition, Robert! :AOK: I host my own images from my web server when I'm home, but have been out of luck when I'm at work, except for the attachment function. This will be useful....

Guitar Gal
October 31st, 2007, 01:52 PM
Thanks for all that you do Robert :AOK: I'm sure you do a lot of things that most of us are completely unaware of :beer:

I do have a couple of questions though about donations. If I donate $$ to your Dolphinstreet site, does that $$ also help out the Fretnet.....or are they two totally separate donations? Also, I have noticed that there is an ad on the home page of the Fretnet that says something about supporting the Fretnet by purchasing items at Zzounds.......does Zzounds contribute a percentage of profits to the Fretnet when people purchase items there? I have purchased things at Zzounds before and was just curious if any of that $$ found it's way back to the Fretnet.....:DR

GG

Robert
October 31st, 2007, 02:06 PM
GG, Dolphinstreet and TheFret.Net are completely separate. Maybe you can support both! :)

We have an affiliate program with Zzounds, so if you click the link on our homepage and buy something from them, we receive a little bit of commission from the transaction. You would have to click on the link to Zzounds though, for this to work.

Algonquin
November 4th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Bump!

A very cool way to view Fretters images and such that they wish to share...

:beer: :AOK:

Algonquin
February 5th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Number of images you curently have 7
Max number of images allowed for you 0

Have I been bad??? :deadhorse:

Robert
February 5th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Yes, you have been bad. No more fish for you. :D

Just kidding, I'll look into the problem and see what I can find out.

oldguy
February 5th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Number of images you curently have 7

Have I been bad??? :deadhorse:

'Musta been........
Mine says.... "Number of images your currently have---- 37
Maximum number of images allowed for you--103--- this number is your 100 images allowed contributing members plus 3 of Algonquin's."

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Algonquin
February 5th, 2008, 03:21 PM
That's Funny!

I deleted the Nashville Tele Pic which was just a copy off of Musiciansfriend, and was going to then upload an actual photo I took this Aft'... and 'No Sir!'

Use those extra 3 Pics wisely Glenn!

oldguy
February 5th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Couldn't I just e-mail 'em back to you, so you'd have them???:confused:
:D :D :D

mrmudcat
February 5th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Mine says i have zero loaded and zero left???

Allowed file types .gif , .jpg , .png
Max image size allowed 1024 KB
Max image dimention allowed 1200 * 1800
Number of images you curently have 0
You already have the max number of images allowed to upload

Algonquin
February 5th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Mine says i have zero loaded and zero left???

Allowed file types .gif , .jpg , .png
Max image size allowed 1024 KB
Max image dimention allowed 1200 * 1800
Number of images you curently have 0
You already have the max number of images allowed to upload
Yup... Robert will be looking into it.

Robert
February 5th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Ok, is it working better now?

tot_Ou_tard
February 5th, 2008, 07:51 PM
100 image hosting positions now for sale :D .

Please send all of your best gear ;).