PDA

View Full Version : A Call to Arms

marnold
October 31st, 2007, 11:33 AM
I just wanted to encourage as many Fretters as possible to consider contributing financially to support TheFret. I just put my credit card where my mouth is and sent in $30. Not a ton, but it adds up. I realize some guys like Pie are high schoolers and might not have cash, but there's still plenty who can help. I figured that since I visit this place several times a day, I should contribute something to the upkeep. I've moderated and run forums before so I know what a PITA it can be.

Plus, that cruel Canadian winter is coming up so we need to make sure Robert is well-stocked with beaver pelts and Molson.

No, Robert did not put me up to this :)

Just a note, even though I changed the country to United States on the Pay Pal form, it didn't give me the option to enter my state until I tried to submit the info the first time. I'm not sure if that's a glitch with Pay Pal's form or Firefox. Either way, it worked eventually.

ted s
October 31st, 2007, 01:18 PM
I agree, I would be happy to help out as well.
Thanks for the reminder Marnold.

pes_laul
October 31st, 2007, 03:22 PM
I'd help out but I dont have a credit card.

Spudman
October 31st, 2007, 04:45 PM
I just sent in my $1,000 for the lifetime membership.

Robert
November 1st, 2007, 05:24 PM
Whoa! The mail man just dump 1,000 potatoes on the office floor! Do you know anything about this, Spudman?

Spudman
November 1st, 2007, 05:26 PM
Aye. LC thought they were overrated so I dumped my stock to avoid the resulting crash. Any good capitalist would have done the same. Besides, you are a registered charity right?

LagrangeCalvert
November 4th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Aye. LC thought they were overrated so I dumped my stock to avoid the resulting crash. Any good capitalist would have done the same. Besides, you are a registered charity right?

LMAO....as soon as Im able to send some money - Im currently on unemployment AND taking care of my mother who has terminal cancer.....

I didn't know I'm the guru of farm foods.....

POTATOES POTATOES.....SELL SELL SELL....................

CORN CORN CORN........ITS HOT, BUY BUY BUY!

If 10 dollars will help, when I sell one of my Racing Go Karts, I will have a little left over after I buy davoodomans Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates and a hard drive for my home studio.

:Dude: This site deserves sponsors :Dude:

Justaguyin_nc
November 5th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Using the ZZound link from here, I noticed this at ZZound

Mention priority code 2FN88G when you call

So does this mean just keep mentioning 2FN88G and TheFret.net will get it's cut? even if just a little bit?

Robert
November 5th, 2007, 10:59 AM
I don't think so, as far as I know. The Fret only gets a commission if you click on the link here and go to Zzounds and buy online.

If you do call them, maybe you can ask about this and let us know?

Justaguyin_nc
November 5th, 2007, 11:40 AM
I don't think so, as far as I know. The Fret only gets a commission if you click on the link here and go to Zzounds and buy online.

If you do call them, maybe you can ask about this and let us know?

Welp..did.. and nope..the code didnt mean a thing.. was for marketing only..

now to just click the link above and buy it that way..

Toneport GX on the way :)

Adrian30
November 5th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Congrats!