PDA

View Full Version : Longest Single Set of Live Music You've Seen

R_of_G
November 1st, 2007, 01:24 PM
What is the longest single set of live music you have seen played? For me, it was Phish New Year's Eve 1999-2000 at the Big Cypress Indian Reservation in Florida. They took the stage at 12:00 midnight and did not stop playing [other than a few secs between songs] until the sun came up at approx 7:30 the next morning. It remains one of the most memorable live music experiences of my life.

duhvoodooman
November 1st, 2007, 02:26 PM
I saw a Dead show in '74 that went about 3 hrs., but that's the longest single set for me....

Tone2TheBone
November 1st, 2007, 02:52 PM
I knew someone was going to bring up the Dead. But only 3 hours?

just strum
November 1st, 2007, 03:05 PM
He's probably referring to one of the encores.

duhvoodooman
November 1st, 2007, 03:34 PM
I knew someone was going to bring up the Dead. But only 3 hours?
Yeah. I only saw them twice, and it coincidentally happened to be on the same tour. Both were fairly small venues and both shows were just about the same length. Not one of their 4 or 5 hour marathons....

LagrangeCalvert
November 1st, 2007, 03:35 PM
Rush....played for 4 hours....Metallica played for 3.5

those are my longest.....

Tone2TheBone
November 1st, 2007, 04:00 PM
I'd have to say mine was Rush also. 3 hours. Damn good show.

marnold
November 1st, 2007, 04:30 PM
Not really a "set" per se, but when I was at the Monsters of Rock concert at the Pontiac Silverdome in the summer of '88 I think Kingdom Come came on at about Noon and Van Halen ended everything at about nine or thereabouts. My memories of the exact time are hazy because of the passing years and the guy in front of me who was smoking joints the size of a small child's forearm.

Brian Krashpad
November 1st, 2007, 04:45 PM
Springsteen and the E-Street Band, a couple hours.

Though there were times last summer when I played bass for Bo Diddley at a charity gig that it began to feel like a couple hours.

Not that it wasn't a great couple hours. ;)

I have no desire whatsoever to see anyone play more than that.

250Keith
November 1st, 2007, 04:52 PM
I would have to say Todd Rundgren & Utopia Way back In the day, I think it was The raw tour, it was hours and hours long, it was great! you sure got your moneys worth back then.

I Think.:beer:

Jimi75
November 2nd, 2007, 02:36 AM
DreamTheater's Train of thought tour in 2003.

4 hours non stop

Big_Rob
November 2nd, 2007, 08:36 AM
Primus, The Brown Tour at 3 hours