PDA

View Full Version : My first Tele

Radioboy950
November 1st, 2007, 10:54 PM
:D Just arrived today...American Tele, Vintage white w/black pick-guard.
The rosewood fretboard is a sweet contrast to the lighter finish. ( I'll snap a pic as soon as I find my camera.)

It may sound crazy, but I never even tried a Telecaster before I bought it.
I always loved the cool single-coil tones, snap & twang that people could get out of these beauties. I knew I would love it...didn't need to try it first.

I've been playing it for hours already, and it feels and sounds great. Can't wait to start recording some new demos with it. I noticed right away the volume & tone knobs really respond nicely when fine-tuning sound.

This sounds and certainly feels so much different that the Les Paul I've been playing for 30 years. Now, with these two great guitars, I think I've got just bout everything covered from funk, blues, classic rock, jazzy stuff...you name it.

Spudman
November 1st, 2007, 11:05 PM
We wont believe it until we see it. Pics please.:)

Seriously...pics

No Seriously...congratulations. Teles are great. I never had one until recently either and I totally love mine.

sunvalleylaw
November 1st, 2007, 11:10 PM
Congrats! Would love to see pics and hear clips too when you get time.

Tone2TheBone
November 2nd, 2007, 08:57 AM
I think Teles make a good sidekick to the Les Paul. You can do so much with a Tele. I agree with you that the volume and tone pots on Teles really seem to give you more variances in tone. Teles are wired up really weird to the switch too maybe that has something to do with it. ;) Congrats and post pics asap.

duhvoodooman
November 2nd, 2007, 10:57 AM
And while you're snapping pix of the new Tele, take a couple of shots of that 30 year-old LP and get them up here, too, please!! :AOK:

Brian Krashpad
November 2nd, 2007, 01:12 PM
And while you're snapping pix of the new Tele, take a couple of shots of that 30 year-old LP and get them up here, too, please!! :AOK:

+1!

It's funny how everyone's said it took them awhile to get around to Teles. I was the same way, finally got my first one in the 90's after playing for like 20 years. In general, they just don't seem to be attractive to younger players the same way that Strats or LP's are.

It took me even longer to get a Les Paul than a Tele, but that was purely due to economics (I skipped over Epi's, got some LP-ish guitars like DeArmonds, then finally took the Gibby plunge). ;)

t_ross33
November 3rd, 2007, 09:33 AM
Congrats and Welcome to the Tele club :beer:

I love the contrast this guitar offers to my HB-30. My wife finally understands why I would need more than one guitar.

One guitar. Sheesh! Don't know how anyone could be so naive :rotflmao:

Clips and pix are a must. I like your choice of rosewood fb as well. Many Tele players go for the maple as I did, but now I'm thinking I'll have to add a rosewood fb git to the collection... hmmm

Now, let's talk hollow and semi-hollow bodied guitars, maybe a thinline, Tele Custom or Deluxe. You'll need one of those too :rotflmao:And an acoustic, and...

Trev

gtrwrks
November 4th, 2007, 01:12 AM
Congrats - I love my Tele too:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/gtrwrks/IMG_5241.jpg

Iago
November 5th, 2007, 01:57 PM
RadioBoy congratulations for the Tele, looks pretty nice, and I hope to hear some sound samples of it soon!

Brian: I think I was the opposite - I loved teles and strats since I started playing.. but could never get to play a tele since they are so hard to find here. First time I played a tele it just felt so right! Now its so hard to get used to a strat again, the bridge and control positions on the body feel weird. I find it more confortable to play a LP than a strat these days.

GtrWrks: Your tele looks a lot like mine, is it from the classic series?

Bloozcat
November 5th, 2007, 02:48 PM
+1!

It's funny how everyone's said it took them awhile to get around to Teles. I was the same way, finally got my first one in the 90's after playing for like 20 years. In general, they just don't seem to be attractive to younger players the same way that Strats or LP's are.

It's funny that the very first really good guitar that I ever played was a Tele, and I loved it then. But somehow, I never thought to buy one. I mean, after all, Hendrix didn't play a Tele, he played a Strat...:D

I came to think of Tele's as country guitars that were made for twang...something that I was definitely not into. It took quite a few years (and a lot of Albert Collins, Roy Buchanan and Keef) before I was able to appreciate the potential of Tele's. Still, I don't own one...yet. But any day now my Tele body and neck will be arriving from B. Heffner....:AOK:

just strum
November 5th, 2007, 05:35 PM
+1!

It took me even longer to get a Les Paul than a Tele, but that was purely due to economics (I skipped over Epi's, got some LP-ish guitars like DeArmonds, then finally took the Gibby plunge). ;)

I'm not knocking them, but there is nothing that attracts me to a Tele. Now that Brian has noted that they don't seem attractive to the younger players - I feel revitalized. So for the record, as of today I am 22 years old.

Now the Strat is what I want - that won't age me, will it?

Edit: Not to take away from the thread - RB, that is a nice guitar, even if I'm not a Tele kind of guy - Congrats!!!

stingx
November 5th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Congrats on the tele! That's a great looking instrument you've got there. Play the shit out of it. :beer: