PDA

View Full Version : Strangest Line-up

just strum
November 2nd, 2007, 01:49 PM
Besides the ones you may have had to stand in for some infraction of the law, what would you say was the strangest line up for a concert you attended?

Mine would be Cheech and Chong with ZZ Top as the opening act. It was at a dance club, probably 1970 or 1971 (I know, what was I doing attending a concert at the age of 3?)

Another not as strange, but still a strange mix

Rod Stewart (The Faces), Aerosmith, Blue Oyster Cult, Mahogany Rush and I know there was a 5th band but for the life of me I can't remember who they were. This was part of a summer concert event that took place at the old Cleveland Stadium (sat 80,000 plus) and were billed as The World Series of Rock and had a number of great acts and usually a four or five band billing.

Spudman
November 2nd, 2007, 02:47 PM
ME with my heavy metal originals band opening for Donna Fargo.
or
Strippers opening for my band in Canada.

luvmyshiner
November 2nd, 2007, 03:00 PM
Spud . . . what are these "strippers" you speak of?:drool:

Spudman
November 2nd, 2007, 03:26 PM
Wiki is your friend. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stripper

Get yourself a cold Saint Arnold before you start reading.:)

just strum
November 2nd, 2007, 03:28 PM
Spud,

I had to look up Donna Fargo, but what I am more interested in is the references you've made on a couple of occasions to your old band - I wouldn't mind hearing more. Maybe others know, but us new guys don't. Is there a previous thread you can direct me to?

Oh, and if it's one with pictures of the strippers, that would even be better.:drool:

Spudman
November 2nd, 2007, 03:51 PM
Spud,

but what I am more interested in is the references you've made on a couple of occasions to your old band - I wouldn't mind hearing more.

Ever hear of Foreigner? Well I was never in that band.:)

I haven't discussed my bands much here. They were road bands mostly after high school and I traveled the US and Canada for many years through the 80's. We did a lot of originals and enough covers to survive. Those Canadians have a couple of things figured out that us Yanks could learn from. First is how to make beer correctly and the second is how to party.

The band that opened for Donna Fargo was an original hard rock band. We mixed styles from Aerosmith, Queen, Zep, Budgie and Rainbow. So that is what we sounded like. I thought it was strange opening for a platinum hard core country artist. She was a sweet lady and at the time had started her loosing battle with the disease that claimed her life. That was my first contact with Nashville players. I was certainly humbled.

just strum
November 2nd, 2007, 04:01 PM
[quote=Spudman]Ever hear of Foreigner? Well I was never in that band.:)
[QUOTE]

I started reading and said holy sh--!!!

Still, the snapshot you gave is very interesting. I have this respect for anyone that performs live, regardless if it's something I like or don't like - gotta hand it to the person that has the b's to lay it on the line.

:AOK:

Tone2TheBone
November 3rd, 2007, 11:27 PM
On another year we caught uncle Ted with non other than The Romantics. I was a photographer for our high school "newspaper" and a friend of mine was a reporter. We showed up that evening at the UNM Pit Arena and took many photos (none of which I have unfortunately) but witnessed a very bizarre show albeit great...for what it was. :) Audience participation was of course the best story there. ;)