PDA

View Full Version : Help - Microsoft is reporting my web page as a suspicious phishing page!

Robert
November 2nd, 2007, 02:04 PM
My guitar DVD page - http://www.dolphinstreet.com/guitar_dvd/

If you go there with Internet Explorer 7, you get a warning that says:

"This might be a phishing website.

Phishing websites impersonate trustworthy websites for the purpose of obtaining your personal or financial information.

Microsoft recommends that you do not give any of your information to such websites.

Report where or not this is a phishing website."

Awright, now I am Really Angry :reallymad:

My web site is 100% trustworthy! All I have on my site is paypal buttons, a forum, a contact form, the shout box and a recommend a friend form. None of them collect any information other than email address and name. The financial information stuff is all PayPal.

Please help me by going to the Microsoft site (https://phishingfilter.microsoft.com/feedback.aspx?result=warn&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.dolphinstreet.com%2fguitar_dv d%2f) and tell them this is NOT a phishing website.

I would truly appreciate this. I have no idea why Microsoft is doing this to me. :flamemad: :saw:

Algonquin
November 2nd, 2007, 02:17 PM
Done...

Takes less than one minute folks...

Adrian30
November 2nd, 2007, 02:17 PM
I just submitted my feedback. Guys and gals, show some support here.

ted s
November 2nd, 2007, 02:21 PM
done

Robert
November 2nd, 2007, 02:25 PM
Thank you, I APPRECIATE IT!!!! :AOK:

I just received a message from Microsoft saying "We have reviewed the information you provided regarding this website and removed the incorrect designation. We thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Please note that although we have removed the incorrect designation, it may take up to 24 hours for you to see this change reflected."

Well, it seems the situation will be resolved eventually. This was a quicker response from Microsoft than I had expected.

Thanks again, friends. I am sure input coming from several sources (read: you) helped to remove this "incorrect designation" much quicker than would have been the case otherwise.

You guys are great. :pancake :AOK: :R

duhvoodooman
November 2nd, 2007, 02:27 PM
I told 'em you're a crook who's trying to bilk unwitting guitarists out of their hard-earned gig money.....NOT!!! ;)

Seriously, it only takes a few seconds, so CLICK THE LINK!!

just strum
November 2nd, 2007, 02:34 PM
I followed the link to your site and don't get any message. I'm not sure if it's fixed - I don't think they would be that fast, they already proved time after time that they don't even know what a minute is.

I clicked on the pay pal and buy now and nothing popped up from MS.

Big_Rob
November 2nd, 2007, 02:43 PM
Done.

Now with that said,,,,see what happens when you dont use Firefox???

http://weblog.infoworld.com/techwatch/archives/Firefox%20Logo.jpg

Algonquin
November 2nd, 2007, 02:46 PM
I told 'em you're a crook who's trying to bilk unwitting guitarists out of their hard-earned gig money.....NOT!!! ;)

Ya... and I added that he used to take my milk money from me at recess back in public school... :rotflmao:

WackyT
November 2nd, 2007, 02:51 PM
Not happening on my XP Pro / IE 7 laptop.

just strum
November 2nd, 2007, 02:55 PM
BTW, even though I am not experiencing the problem I still went to MS to let them know that you run a trusted site. They came back and said that's not what they are hearing from people like Algonquin and DVM.

Sorry Robert, I tried.

luvmyshiner
November 2nd, 2007, 02:56 PM
Hey Robert, I may be a little late, but I gave them my two cents. And Big Rob, I'm with ya' brother. My son the software engineer who makes more money than me and completely forgot about his old man after I paid for college:( turned me on to Firefox. I love it.:beer:

oldguy
November 2nd, 2007, 02:58 PM
Done, in 30 seconds, and no warning now when I go to your site.

luvmyshiner
November 2nd, 2007, 02:58 PM
Oh, while I was there I also reported to Microsoft that once again Strum has failed to register as a sex offender.:D You can run Strummy, but ya' can't hide!:rotflmao:

jasongins
November 2nd, 2007, 03:02 PM
Done.

sunvalleylaw
November 2nd, 2007, 03:21 PM
I did it too, though I guess the problem was resolved already. The MS Borg annoys me.

Algonquin
November 2nd, 2007, 03:30 PM
I'm still seeing the warning.

The MS Fix must take longer to make it to the 'Great White North'

tunghaichuan
November 2nd, 2007, 03:51 PM
Done.

abraxas
November 2nd, 2007, 04:06 PM
Done.

Now with that said,,,,see what happens when you dont use Firefox???

http://weblog.infoworld.com/techwatch/archives/Firefox%20Logo.jpg

+1.000.000.000 on that, verily and Amen! :Dude:

250Keith
November 2nd, 2007, 05:17 PM
Done

just strum
November 2nd, 2007, 08:21 PM
Oh, while I was there I also reported to Microsoft that once again Strum has failed to register as a sex offender.:D You can run Strummy, but ya' can't hide!:rotflmao:

I would sue ya, but only on the condition you promise to represent yourself. :D

SuperSwede
November 3rd, 2007, 01:33 AM
I tried to go to Microsoft.com with Apple Safari but I got this message:

"This might be a phishing website.

Phishing websites impersonate trustworthy websites for the purpose of obtaining your personal or financial information.

Apple recommends that you do not give any of your information to such websites.

Report where or not this is a phishing website."

:rotflmao:

Ok, that wasnt true but I´m glad that microsoft removed the website warning for your site........

elavd
November 3rd, 2007, 11:06 AM
I did it too ;)

Justaguyin_nc
November 3rd, 2007, 11:42 AM
Welp, I still get the phish and blocking the gif's for PAYPAL when I load it.. although they load anyways..:) I think it might have to do with what settings a person uses also with their explorer..
precautions more than anything..

Glad people speak up to Microsoft though..

DaveO
November 3rd, 2007, 11:58 AM
Done.
Dave

tjcurtin1
November 3rd, 2007, 09:22 PM
Done, even if after the fact - figure it can't hurt.