PDA

View Full Version : Doing Good Business

just strum
November 3rd, 2007, 07:30 AM
Whether you're purchasing from a land store or one out here in cyberspace, it is alway irritating when service or product isn't up to par. I never like getting a bad product (who does), but what takes me over the top is when I have to fight to make things right.

That said, I just want to say that Sweetwater does just the opposite. I've purchased amp, guitar and small items like strings from Sweetwater and they have called me a few weeks after every purchase to make sure I was satisfied with everything.

Things go wrong, that's a fact of life, but Sweetwater makes them right. When I purchased my ARC300 I was getting buzzing from the second to about the 6th or 7 fret. Although I thought it could be just a truss rod adjustment, I did have concern of uneven frets. I contacted Sweetwater and the next day it was on its way back to be looked at by their tech. Once there the tech contacted me, told me the problem (it was the truss rod) and offered to send the repair guitar back or ship me a new one. Knowing that I had no other issues, I kept the original.

The guitar has now been back home for two weeks and last week the sales tech called me to see if everything was to my satisfaction.

That my friends is the way to do business.

This isn't so much an endorsement as it is just plain recognition of an outstanding company, doing what it takes to be the best.

DaveO
November 3rd, 2007, 12:10 PM
I've heard alot of good comments about Sweetwater. Their prices are on par with everyone else and the shipping is free. I'll be buying from them more in the future.
Dave :beer:

wingsdad
November 3rd, 2007, 04:12 PM
If you only look at Sweetwater's website or catalog (got the new edition of ProGear this week...gee...just in time for Christmas...) they look a little limited in some brands' products. DiMarzio pickups, for instance. They only show a few of the myriad of them, while Musician's Fiend shows a gajillion. But...if they carry a brand, your assigned 'Sales Engineer' will special order what they don't have; send the link to the page at MF and they'll match the price. Beat it, actually, because shipping's free, and so's the candy.