PDA

View Full Version : Designed to Give You GAS

just strum
November 3rd, 2007, 08:07 AM
At one time I was a golf nut and every time a new driver came out I would drool and think it would bring my game to a new level. In the end it was practice, practice, practice as the only true recipe for better playing.

Well, the same applies to all those new guitars, but boy are those ads fun to watch and the mind certainly wanders to visions of improved playing.

There are so many clips out there, this is one I just stumbled on. These things just give you GAS, do these guitar makers know what they are doing to us? :Dude: :Dude: :Dude:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA442Cqzaxk

duhvoodooman
November 3rd, 2007, 08:27 AM
....These things just give you GAS, do these guitar makers know what they are doing to us?
Sure, they know! It's contagious, too.....and you're a carrier!! :eek: ;)

Unfortunately, even after we buy that fancy VG Strat, most of us still won't sound like Greg Koch. I love that guy--you name it, he can play it!

sunvalleylaw
November 3rd, 2007, 09:09 AM
Yeah, he is amazing. He looks like he lost weight maybe? At least since he recorded my SRV licks DVD. That VG does look really, really cool. I especially like the "tunings" knob, because right now, I avoid music in alternate tunings, cause I don't want to deal with it. The tonal options are also cool, and I really like the intuitive approach with the two dials. I think Jim Pfeiffer has compared it favorably to the Variax, and Greenmachine has one I think.

just strum
November 3rd, 2007, 09:17 AM
That VG does look really, really cool. I especially like the "tunings" knob, because right now, I avoid music in alternate tunings, cause I don't want to deal with it. The tonal options are also cool, and I really like the intuitive approach with the two dials

So, should we put you down for one or two?:drool:

sunvalleylaw
November 3rd, 2007, 09:24 AM
LOL!! maybe one day long down the road. Right now, I have enough options with the Toneport and the stuff I have. Besides, it would be cheating to play with different tunings just with a knob and not learning to do it yourself. ;-)

just strum
November 3rd, 2007, 10:32 AM
In addition to the videos, I'm sure all of you are getting inundated with the music store catalogs in the mail. I think my wife might be intercepting some of them when she gets home before me, but some of are finding there way into my hands.

ted s
November 3rd, 2007, 12:49 PM
On a related note, anybody in the Burlington, Ontario, Canada area on the 16th. I think (a Fri.night), Greg and Reggie (?) will be at the music centre to demo the VG. Doors open at 7:30 but better get there early. Long and McQuade is associated with this clinic I believe. I'm pretty sure about the date but will double check.

M29
November 3rd, 2007, 03:38 PM
I have a few of Greg Koch's DVD's and they are awesome!! He is an excellent teacher and comedian:AOK:
I am giving serious thought to one of em VG's.

M29

ted s
November 3rd, 2007, 06:59 PM
Here is Greg's schedule from Myspace..
http://collect.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=bandprofile.listAllShows&friendid=211406368&n=Greg+Koch

pes_laul
November 4th, 2007, 04:39 PM
GAS is like a parasite it latches on to someone And eats until their wallet is empty than jumps from person to person. I wonder if they make like a repellant spray for it?:D

duhvoodooman
November 4th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Here is Greg's schedule from Myspace..
http://collect.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=bandprofile.listAllShows&friendid=211406368&n=Greg+Koch
Some of you probably saw this on GuitarPlayerTV.com, but it's worth checking out. This clip shows Greg doing some absolutely ferocious chicken pickin' as well as some simultaneously humorous and impressive LZ licks:

jQQIT4SJHpY

Spudman
November 4th, 2007, 11:12 PM
GAS is like a parasite it latches on to someone And eats until their wallet is empty than jumps from person to person. I wonder if they make like a repellent spray for it?:D

They do. On the can in big letters it says JAZZ.:rotflmao:

Adrian30
November 5th, 2007, 06:45 AM
They do. On the can in big letters it says JAZZ.:rotflmao:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Moderately mean but very funny. That's with an emphasys on moderately:D

LagrangeCalvert
November 5th, 2007, 04:21 PM
You know....if I ever got to the point that I was wanting to jam with several different bands/people on a daily basis...one of these VG's and a Cyber Twin (however you spell it!) would probably be the most flexible rigs you could have. I tried out the cyber twin and really liked it compared to the Vox and line six stuff....Hrmmm....

DAMN YOU ALL FOR GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS

Did I tell you I'm robbing Guitar Center in a week...AFTER I steal a box truck?

Spudman
November 5th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Did I tell you I'm robbing Guitar Center in a week...AFTER I steal a box truck?

Dude, we have to teach you to be sneaky. If GC does get robbed you just became suspect #1.

(where do we meet you?) ;)