PDA

View Full Version : ??Peavey Classic 400 all tube bass head??

LagrangeCalvert
November 4th, 2007, 12:26 AM
Anyone ever heard/seen/played one of these. I didn't even know they existed. Im a guitarists but our bassist is trying to find a new sound - he plays a Kustom Groove Bass 2x10/Horn 600w combo - badass nonetheless but he wants a change. If you have ANY information on this or any Idea, please give me a shout, or let us all know. Thanks In Advance,

Josh - L.C.

Fat Strings
December 31st, 2007, 02:44 PM
really...............? Nobody has any ideas on this head? My searches have reveiled nothing! I'm on the verge of giving up!

FS

oldguy
December 31st, 2007, 03:32 PM
You could check some of these sites out......they might help...I've never seen one or knew anyone who used one.....was that what you were asking? :confused:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=p2R&q=+Peavey+Classic+400&btnG=Search

Fat Strings
January 4th, 2008, 08:16 AM
I've been trying to find any kind of information on this thing. Mainly I want to buy one!!!!! I've heard/read great things about it but can't find 1 anywhere. This thing is going to be like my holy grail. maybe I should employee a templar to aid in my search???????????? Thanks for all the links though OG!!

FS

tot_Ou_tard
January 4th, 2008, 10:33 AM
I could only find the Peavey VB-2. A 225 watt all tube bass head.

http://www.peavey.com/news/article.cfm/action/view/id/233/20072707.cfm

http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM07/Content/Peavey/PR/VB-2.html

Special order here, but claim that they can get it fast. If this is what you want, I'd call and try to get a better handle on what "fast" means.

In fact, you should call and ask if they know about a 400 watt all tube head from peavey.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/VB2/

LagrangeCalvert
January 6th, 2008, 06:49 PM
well, I know they used to make it......

http://www.hartsafire.com/images/music/rig/classic_400.jpg

I don't think they do anymore, and talk/reviews is all I can find about....no clips, no nothing. I wanna hear it in action!

Fat Strings
January 7th, 2008, 09:41 AM
This head is turning into lochness.........maybe I should turn to mythbusters for this one.....?

FS

oldguy
January 7th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Know, U dont wunt wun FS's, I dunt thinc so anywaye, look whut Jon had too saye abuot the won he bout somewere.....
ore if yourea lly determinnnede to git wun maybee heed sel yuo hiss wun?

Product: Peavey Classic 400
Price Paid: US $699
Submitted 03/13/2003 at 08:31pm by jon

Features : 7
it sucks! no wonder why they stoped making them there not as loud as the classic not as good sounding sound it to tight close to gether not tube like an smoth is a better aucustic guitar head trust me! i know, get the svt classic , dont waiste money on the peavey 400

Sound Quality : No Opinion

Reliability : No Opinion

Customer Support : No Opinion
got it on ebay fast delivery

Overall Rating : 10
it weighs 97.3 pounds its heavy it is louder than the svt but it more tight bass im to sceptical cause im using it out of 2 12 kustom cheap guitar amp so i probably am just saying to much its great amphead i just need a bass amp, i got nothin to sell except a rmv drumset which i got a super deal on super! got it for 500 thats what i sell it for these are 18 percent harder than maple, im also selling a ampeg vl-1002 probably cause i want a mesa selling that for $500 yokodoe1@cox.net well goodluck i dont know what to recamend who am i kidden the classic 400 peavey head is excellent i just have a terrible amp , the best sounding head is mesa also there transformers are so small im sure they got no power the hughes kettner head looks the coolest i will recamend either the crate voodoo or triple x peavey or marshall or laney 100 head the heads with the blue capaceters mean there built good seeya jon :) peavy 400's the best i guess :)

Key phrases to evaluate....

not tube like an smoth is a better aucustic guitar head trust me!

Customer Support : No Opinion
got it on ebay fast delivery

but it more tight bass im to sceptical cause im using it out of 2 12 kustom cheap guitar amp so i probably am just saying to much its great amphead

i got nothin to sell except a rmv drumset which i got a super deal on super!

got it for 500 thats what i sell it for these are 18 percent harder than maple

well goodluck i dont know what to recamend who am i kidden the classic 400 peavey head is excellent

the best sounding head is mesa also there transformers are so small im sure they got no power

the hughes kettner head looks the coolest i will recamend either the crate voodoo or triple x peavey or marshall or laney 100 head the heads with the blue capaceters mean there built good seeya jon

:D :bravo:
I realize I pretty much evaluated the whole review again, but one can never be too thorough when considering a purchase such as this.... 18 percent harder than maple...wotta drum set!!!:AOK:

Fat Strings
January 8th, 2008, 08:02 AM
OH MY GOD! That was some funny sh!t. How can go from bashing the head, to praising the head. And then say that a cab is a head and that 400 TUBE WATTS is only good for acoustic?????????? Maybe I should contact this kid.....lol! Good find OG

FS

andyl
January 10th, 2008, 04:01 AM
www.classic400.com

has a bit of info there if u wanna check it out, has pdf's of manuals etc some internal pics.

PS Check out the picture section ,why on earth would u set up your bass rig in a forest?!?!??!? *baffled*