PDA

View Full Version : For you Washburn guys

Radioboy950
November 4th, 2007, 12:58 PM
I am having a tough time finding any info on an older Washburn acoustic that was given to me as a gift in the late 80's. It's an N series Dreadnought. Plays beautifully and still looks brand new. Inside stamp says "George Washburn D15 N". Just curious if this guitar is still produced or long discontinued. Not much info out there...not even on the Washburn forum.

just strum
November 4th, 2007, 03:06 PM
I am having a tough time finding any info on an older Washburn acoustic that was given to me as a gift in the late 80's. It's an N series Dreadnought. Plays beautifully and still looks brand new. Inside stamp says "George Washburn D15 N". Just curious if this guitar is still produced or long discontinued. Not much info out there...not even on the Washburn forum.

From what I can tell they stopped making them sometime before 1988. I can't find info regarding materials, but I would guess laminated sides and back with possibly a solid top. The only thing that the model number tells me is it's a natural finish.

Do you have a serial number?

luvmyshiner
November 4th, 2007, 03:46 PM
RB, the only information I've been able to find on it indicates it's an all laminate guitar, including the top. Unfortunately the Washburn guitar archives only goes back to 1988, so not much help there. How about a few pictures?

Radioboy950
November 4th, 2007, 04:44 PM
A few photos...and a number (in the upper body)

Thanks for looking into it.:AOK:

just strum
November 4th, 2007, 05:05 PM
A few photos...and a number (in the upper body)

Thanks for looking into it.:AOK:

Well, it's a 1984 - and Shiner says it's a a laminated. It's not something worth any big sum of money - more sentimental value or a camp fire/knock around guitar.

How does it sound?

Radioboy950
November 4th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Well, it's a 1984 - and Shiner says it's a a laminated. It's not something worth any big sum of money - more sentimental value or a camp fire/knock around guitar.

How does it sound?

It has a very nice rich & full sound for a budget guitar, especially with a new set of strings. Very playable. No fret Buzz, and it stays in tune.

luvmyshiner
November 4th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Wow RB, she's a beaut! Like Strum says, you probably won't be able to sell her and retire, but if she sounds half as sweet as she looks, who would want to.:)

mrmudcat
November 10th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Wheres pike when ya need him:deadhorse: