PDA

View Full Version : Taylor solid body electrics!!!

mrmudcat
November 5th, 2007, 06:15 AM
Oh my ,these look interesting!!:drool: :Dude: Any other opinions?:DR

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/taylor-guitars-solid-body-electric-guitars?N=100001+306241+201699

Taylor dosent even have these online yet they are building a specific website for the launch.(first quarter 08):drool:

Adrian30
November 5th, 2007, 06:41 AM
Interesting and quite expensive.:(
I'm sure thy are high quality instruments, but not very thrilled with their marketing of the fresh body design either. Don't get me wrong, I love the look of Les Pauls, and I love it just for the opposite reason - because it's a classic design. Just my opinion, I'm sure many palyers will be more than happy with to own these guitars.:)

Spudman
March 17th, 2008, 02:38 PM
I forgot to mention that last week I tried out the Custom electric. Man is it nice! Totally well finished machine. Great tone, feel and craftsmanship. The price in the store was around $3400 which is totally nuts if you ask me. The price at Sweetwater is $2300 right now which is more in line but still pricey.

Overall it's a very well done guitar and it feels and sounds good. If you are a One acoustic one electric sort of player then I don't see any problems sticking with just the Taylor brand. This electric is one you most likely would keep all your days. It exudes class.

tot_Ou_tard
March 20th, 2008, 07:00 AM
What kind of tones does it excell at Spud?

Spudman
March 20th, 2008, 07:27 AM
What kind of tones does it excell at Spud?
It excels at tone.:)

The pickups are smaller than regular humbuckers and the sound is crisp and full. No lack of fullness on the low strings and a nice clarity on the high strings. Very well balanced and humbucking but not dark at all. The tone controls had a wide range of effect and it was a sheer pleasure to play. Very well made and light.

Jimi75
March 20th, 2008, 07:28 AM
Myl ocal dealer has all electric Talyor models and recently when I called him to ask for a spare part he told me that the Taylor guitars are great! I am really curious about the guitars and look forward to checking them in the near future.

tot_Ou_tard
March 20th, 2008, 10:45 AM

The pickups are smaller than regular humbuckers and the sound is crisp and full. No lack of fullness on the low strings and a nice clarity on the high strings. Very well balanced and humbucking but not dark at all. The tone controls had a wide range of effect and it was a sheer pleasure to play. Very well made and light.
I love it when new guitar designs work. Too bad it's way out of my price range.

Spudman
March 20th, 2008, 06:46 PM
I love it when new guitar designs work. Too bad it's way out of my price range.

Well put.
However, I feel they hold more interest for me than any PRS that I've played. Same price range but such a cool different feel. They kind of feel like what I imagine Lindsey Buckingham's guitar is like.

SuperSwede
March 21st, 2008, 01:47 AM

Sounds like mini-humbuckers to me?

Spudman
March 21st, 2008, 07:28 AM
Sounds like mini-humbuckers to me?

I think that is right. They are smallish in size and have a solid cover so I couldn't see what was under it.

mrmudcat
March 21st, 2008, 10:23 AM
Sweetwater has the new colors and woods ..oh my my my!!!:rockon: :master:

I personally love the cheaper classic in natural swamp ash:master: :beer: