PDA

View Full Version : Which album would you like to see a "Classic Albums" about?

R_of_G
November 5th, 2007, 08:15 AM
The thread on the VH-1 Classic airings of "Classic Albums" and similar documentaries got me to thinking. I too am a big fan of this type of documentary, and would love to see the series expand and film some new documentaries.

If you could choose a few albums for them to do a "making of" documentary about, what albums would they be?

Some I would love to see would be...

Tom Waits - Raindogs
The Meters - Zony Mash
Radiohead - OK Computer
Ornette Coleman - The Shape of Jazz to Come

sunvalleylaw
November 5th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Ramones and the CBGB scene in general
Chicago, because of my recent reawakening to their early stuff
Springsteen and the E Street Band

R_of_G
November 5th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Ramones and the CBGB scene in general
Chicago, because of my recent reawakening to their early stuff
Springsteen and the E Street Band

I too would have loved a documentary about the CBGB's scene. Unfortunately the vast majority of the principles are dead. I can, however, suggest a fantastic book about that period. It's called "From the Velvets to the Voidoids" by Clinton Heylin. It is the single most authoritative book on the subject of the formation of the punk scenes in NY, Cleveland and Detroit. As far as the Ramones specifically, check out "End of the Century." It's as good a doc about the Ramones as you will find, featuring interviews and live clips of the band.

Lev
November 5th, 2007, 10:12 AM
U2 - Achtung Baby - I know they've done a Joshua Tree CA but for me Achtung Baby explores many more sonic territories (..and U2 were still at the height of their powers creatively)
I'd also love to see one on Van Halen I, it would be nice to get an insight into the early days and the song writing methods before the egos took over.

just strum
November 5th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Rolling Stones - Exile On Main Street

Elvis Costello - My Aim Is True

Just about anything by the Beatles

Dylan - Blood On the Tracks

Big_Rob
November 5th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Kraftwerk - Autobahn

SuperSwede
November 5th, 2007, 02:19 PM
The first Aerosmith album!

marnold
November 5th, 2007, 02:40 PM
I like the suggestion of "Van Halen I" quite a bit. I wouldn't mind one of my favorite album: Queensryche's "Operation Mindcrime."