PDA

View Full Version : Available Now

marnold
March 6th, 2006, 12:30 PM
From Ryno Records:

"With This Amph" by Phyrephlie

"With This Amph" redefines the rock experience. The album kicks off with the heavy-hitting rock anthem that started it all: "With This Amph (I Get No Screaming Solos)". This song mercilessly lashes out at the musical instrument industry's desire to put the bottom line above quality. Ironically, this song has the most "screaming" solo of any song on the album.

The band is not afraid to tackle deeper issues such as philosophy "With This Amph (I No Longer Fear Cartesian Dualism)" and politics "With This Amph (Freaking Green Party)".

Lest you think that the band is all about rocking hard, the lads also show that they have a softer side with the power ballad "With This Amph (My Girlfriend Becomes Superfluous)" and the tender, heart-felt tribute to love that never ends "With This Amph (I Thee Wed)".

"With This Amph" is now available world-wide on CD and 8-Track. Phyrephlie has an aggressive touring schedule planned in support of the album. They have gathered quite a following in parts of central Finland. Soon they will be embarking on a world-wide tour of Belgium. Look for "With This Amph" wherever fine hallucinogens are sold.

Justaguyin_nc
March 6th, 2006, 12:45 PM
I can picture the Cover Art... similar to Pink Floyd's The WALL Except yelling from an amph...:rolleyes:

Tim
March 6th, 2006, 12:47 PM
Marnold – My working friends thought I was going physco on them. I was actually laughing out loud as I read your post. I will keep my eyes and ears open for when they come to America. I sure hope they can tour Florida. Can you put in a good word for us. I am sure Warren can get them a spot at the Shoppe that has special groups come in to play “Blues”. Maybe even a back stage pass would much appreciated by both Warren and me.

warren0728
March 6th, 2006, 01:01 PM
marnold...that is the funniest thing i have read in a long time! I'm sitting here watching a very serious moment in "Walk the Line" and i burst out laughing...luckily no one is home to give me one of those "daddy sure is wacky" looks.

put me down for two 8-tracks!

ww

SuperSwede
March 6th, 2006, 01:14 PM
I want royalties for that! ;)

warren0728
March 6th, 2006, 01:16 PM
I want royalties for that! ;)
he has a good point there....guess you get to retire early on all those royalties ss!

ww

SuperSwede
March 6th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Well, I am going to be quite rich on selling those fine pull-gain add-ons for amplifiers. Just remember that "Besides dirt getting in the pull gain, 999999 times out of a 1000000 it will turn on." Now THAT is to put the bottom line above quality....

Spudman
March 6th, 2006, 05:41 PM
They are pre releasing the live album from the tour. It's called "From Amphmerica."

r_a_smith3530
March 6th, 2006, 05:57 PM
They are pre releasing the live album from the tour. It's called "From Amphmerica."

And of course they are arriving in the US by Amphibious means!

duhvoodooman
March 6th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Geez, I should read the thread before posting. With this amph, I have no clever comments.... :eek:

Nelskie
March 6th, 2006, 06:58 PM
I don't really want to rain on anyone's parade here, but as the moderator of this section of the forum, I would like to make the suggestion that in the future, these types of posts find their way into the "Open Mic" section, or as follow-ups to the original thread. This, I feel, is a simple, yet respectful request for those forum members who look to "Have You Heard" for constructive, insighful information on different artists, music, and related topics.

Yes, I know this is all in good fun, and there's no problem w/ doing that. I just want to keep things in check, that's all. Thanks - Nelskie

marnold
March 7th, 2006, 08:42 AM
marnold...that is the funniest thing i have read in a long time! I'm sitting here watching a very serious moment in "Walk the Line" and i burst out laughing...luckily no one is home to give me one of those "daddy sure is wacky" looks.
Thanks for some reason, all of this came to me as I was throwing snow yesterday morning. It must've been the fumes from the snow thrower.

Re: royalties
Let's see . . . conversion from U.S. dollars to Euros . . . carry the three . . . I believe that comes to . . . half a farthing.