PDA

View Full Version : news on the female front

pie_man_25
November 6th, 2007, 07:07 PM
well, as you know, I had a girlfriend last month, as you don't know, we broke up, mainly because she tried to beat the crap out of me because I said I hated my chemical romance, whic I gues isn't very bad if she takes them that seriously and doesn't even know who geddy lee is:eek: .but yeah, I've already moved on, there's now this girl in my chem. classwhosits basically next to me, and guess what? She's into PINK FLOYD, I NEVER expected to find a girl in my age bracket that likes pink floyd. but yeah, I just need some ideas of things she might be into, I mean let's face it, how many times do you find a girl who actually knows what rock and roll means?

ps. I'm in a blue/hard rock/heavy metal band now, and we're making serious progress!!!:Dude:

luvmyshiner
November 6th, 2007, 07:33 PM
The best advice I can give you Pie . . . is marry early and often. It keeps Sunvalleylaw and I in business.:Dude:

Spudman
November 6th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Liking the same music is a great first step.

Before you get stepping along too far be sure to ask her if she likes country music. If she says yes then move on quickly. If a woman goes from Floyd to Farron Husky then she's going to have some instability problems and will have a hard time committing to just one man.

If she hates country then find someone to bootleg for you, take her down to the river and watch the submarine races while listening to Tales From Topographic Oceans (or Dark Side Of The Moon). After that teach her how to tune your guitar and you will have a great relationship.:Dude:

Brian Krashpad
November 6th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Added plus: if she's into Floyd you can get her stoned! And we all know what that means.

I kid because I love.

Robert
November 6th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Sounds like you're in for a treat, pie dude.

Tone2TheBone
November 7th, 2007, 10:49 AM
She probably has a father our age that's why she loves Pink Floyd. I know my daughter who is 15 loves my music too. Go after that stuff son!

Lev
November 7th, 2007, 11:17 AM
She probably has a father our age that's why she loves Pink Floyd. I know my daughter who is 15 loves my music too. Go after that stuff son!

is this an attempt to turn theFret into a dating site? :)

SuperSwede
November 7th, 2007, 11:41 AM

ehrmm it IS your daughter that they are talking about.

Tone2TheBone
November 7th, 2007, 11:50 AM
I don't get your jokes sorry. LMAO Besides no one is allowed to date my daughter. :spank:

SuperSwede
November 7th, 2007, 11:55 AM
I don't get your jokes sorry. LMAO Besides no one is allowed to date my daughter. :spank:

My daughter is allowed to date as soon as she turns 40.

aeolian
November 7th, 2007, 12:01 PM
we broke up, mainly because she tried to beat the crap out of me because I said I hated my chemical romance...

there's now this girl in my chem. class..

pie_man_25, you made this up, right? Doesn't everybody see the irony in this: You broke up because you hated My Chemical Romance, and now you are having a Chemical Romance all over again!

Algonquin
November 7th, 2007, 12:55 PM
You've got a head start on the other Gents your age, being part of this forum with all the other fine Gentlemen here.

And you can never go wrong being a Gentleman.

Dreadman
November 7th, 2007, 01:51 PM
And you can never go wrong being a Gentleman.
Well said Algonquin. Along those lines, here's a great dating tip for younger guys - always treat a girl the way you would if her father was in the room with you. I know it sounds strange, but I'm not going to try to explain it, just try it. :AOK:

t_ross33
November 7th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Well said Algonquin. Along those lines, here's a great dating tip for younger guys - always treat a girl the way you would if her father was in the room with you. I know it sounds strange, but I'm not going to try to explain it, just try it. :AOK:
Yeah, girls like it when you sweat profusely, constantly twitch and look over your shoulder while giggling nervously and ensuring at least an arm's length distance between you and the young lass...

:rotflmao:

Oops, I thought you said ACT like her Dad's in the room :D

Spudman
November 7th, 2007, 11:30 PM
The title of this thread is quite promising sounding if you think about it "news on the female front." Who doesn't want to hear about female fronts? :AOK:

In one way it's not as exciting as you might think it should be, but on the other hand thinking about getting fresh with a lady while her dad is in the room is pretty darned exciting.:crazyguy: Thanks Dreadman.

Pieman we're all living vicariously through you so God speed young man.

pie_man_25
November 8th, 2007, 06:00 PM
The title of this thread is quite promising sounding if you think about it "news on the female front." Who doesn't want to hear about female fronts? :AOK:

In one way it's not as exciting as you might think it should be, but on the other hand thinking about getting fresh with a lady while her dad is in the room is pretty darned exciting.:crazyguy: Thanks Dreadman.

Pieman we're all living vicariously through you so God speed young man.

well, umm... I don't exactly know how to say this but, I think I'm changing the girl, she's (the new one) actually older than me, although I don't know how much, but she's been talking to me quite a lot, we don't even know each others names, all I know is that when she talks to me she giggles a lot, and I'm still kinda nervous talking to her, but not too nervous, I don't know man, I just don't know.

just strum
November 8th, 2007, 06:09 PM
A new woman and an older woman. You better take Dreadman's advice because you sound like you are on the fast track.

Now Dreadman, when you were Pies age did you practice what you preach?

ted s
November 8th, 2007, 06:29 PM
dude, you HAVE to get her name !!

pie_man_25
November 8th, 2007, 06:31 PM
A new woman and an older woman. You better take Dreadman's advice because you sound like you are on the fast track.

Now Dreadman, when you were Pies age did you practice what you preach?

hey man, she doesn't know I'm younger thatn she is mainly because my voice is so deep, nobody sees it coming, and besides, I have no interest in actually having sex just yet, the whole idea is just intimidating, and I really don't appreciate when you say things like that, I understand you're just having some fun and there's nothing wrong with that , but I really don't want that kind of thing just yet. I'll admit, she's very attractive, but I really do respect women, a lot.

just strum
November 8th, 2007, 06:45 PM
hey man, she doesn't know I'm younger thatn she is mainly because my voice is so deep, nobody sees it coming, and besides, I have no interest in actually having sex just yet, the whole idea is just intimidating, and I really don't appreciate when you say things like that, I understand you're just having some fun and there's nothing wrong with that , but I really don't want that kind of thing just yet. I'll admit, she's very attractive, but I really do respect women, a lot.

Dude, chill out. You took that way off track from what I said. Just relax, no one said any of the things you somehow interrupted from my post. You want to take offense, don't read it.

oldguy
November 8th, 2007, 08:03 PM
EASY, boys!!! Help a fellow fretter if you can....
Pieman, take your time, learn her name, get to know her.
There's no rush, the important thing is about the two of you. Making a friend, and later being more than friends is a great thing. If it doesn't become "more than friends", friends is good also.
Just stay away from the wackos, you'll be fine.
I speak from experience.....:AOK:

Spudman
November 8th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Just stay away from the wackos, you'll be fine.
I speak from experience.....:AOK:

The only way you will find out a wacko before it is too late is to just be friends first for a long time. You can never have too many friends either male or female. If you are truly friends first then any deeper involvement will still allow you to retain that friendship.

If you start from the deep end first the emotional commitment is heavy if a friendship hasn't developed. That is when the wackos start tearing you apart. So if you are just being a friend and the wacko emerges you can simply walk away without the emotional attachment that makes breakups so hard. Psychos will expose themselves over time - so will great friends.

Dreadman
November 8th, 2007, 10:23 PM
Great advice from everyone! I second what oldguy and Spudman posted just above. Words of wisdom for sure.

Pie - I don't think Strum meant it the way you think. It looked to me like he was saying that it sounds like she likes you (giggling is a good sign).

Since I'm kind of new around here, may I ask how old you are Pie?

P.S. Not that you should really care what a stranger on a computer screen thinks but if you do, I think you have a good attitude toward relationships. I think if you keep it up and refine it you'll avoid some of the dating nightmares a lot of people go through.

Dreadman
November 8th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Now Dreadman, when you were Pies age did you practice what you preach?No, unfortunately I was a typical teenage idiot - learned the HARD way. :spank:

Bloozcat
November 9th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Just take it slow pie_man, don't put too much pressure on yourself - or her.

Finding out whether you really like her before your get further involved is usually the best move.

Good advice on being a gentleman...

Even though you've got the raging hormone thing to contend with, being courteous and respectful will establish your reputation. Remember, even if things don't work out with this girl, she's got girlfriends and girls talk....

Spudman
November 9th, 2007, 02:30 PM
I keep thinking that news on the female front is going to be about breast cancer awareness. Hmmm.

ted s
November 9th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Sounds like young Pie has it figured, he reads to be thinking with the correct brain.

SuperSwede
November 10th, 2007, 02:08 AM
I keep thinking that news on the female front is going to be about breast cancer awareness. Hmmm.

http://www.ruter-ess.nu/aurora/gifs/rosa_bandet_mellan.gif

Yeah, please support breast cancer research. I dont know if you have the pink ribbon campaign in the US, but if you do, consider buying a pink ribbon. Next time it could be your wife. Forgive me for hijacking this thread, but I had someone close that died in cancer recently (started out as breast cancer).

Please continue....

pie_man_25
November 10th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Pie - I don't think Strum meant it the way you think. It looked to me like he was saying that it sounds like she likes you (giggling is a good sign).

Since I'm kind of new around here, may I ask how old you are Pie?

P.S. Not that you should really care what a stranger on a computer screen thinks but if you do, I think you have a good attitude toward relationships. I think if you keep it up and refine it you'll avoid some of the dating nightmares a lot of people go through.

oh, well, I guess my point I was driving at was really that other people have joked about stuff before, and I guess I wasn't thinking about whether or not he was insinuating anything, and I was just trying to explain the situation without thinking much about what he was saying.

also, I just turned sixteen in september.

just strum
November 10th, 2007, 06:47 PM
oh, well, I guess my point I was driving at was really that other people have joked about stuff before, and I guess I wasn't thinking about whether or not he was insinuating anything, and I was just trying to explain the situation without thinking much about what he was saying.

also, I just turned sixteen in september.

Pie, no big deal, I rather talk guitars and music with you. I may suck at playing guitar, but my abilities as a relationship adviser are even worse:) I'll let the others provide the advice.

Plus I have a 16 and an 18 year old that live here, so I somewhat understand where your at, although my daughter will tell you I'm clueless.