PDA

View Full Version : Any Ernie Ball/Music Man players?

Radioboy950
November 6th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Wondering if anybody has any experience with a Music Man (Silhouette)?
I've been checking into them, looking for some honest user reviews. But I grow tired of reading the same stuff on the shop-online sites: "Oh my god, this is the greatest (fill in the blank) that was ever made. You should really buy one."

Spudman
November 6th, 2007, 10:28 PM
I have an OLP Luke model. It's the best guitar....:D lol got ya.

Seriously, I do love the shape of the neck a lot. On this one it is a V shape and the string tension is pretty soft so it's a blast to play. I don't know much about the Silhouette, but after getting this authorized copy guitar I sure am interested in checking out the real thing.

Radioboy950
November 6th, 2007, 10:43 PM
That stubby little headstock looks freaky to me. Maybe it just looks that way in the photo. Gives it rather unique look, for sure.

Spudman
November 6th, 2007, 11:02 PM
The headstocks are actually cool. The pain is remembering that there are 2 on one side and 4 on the other. It's real easy to go on auto pilot and tune the wrong string over and over again. Not that I've done it, but this one time at Band Camp...:)

abraxas
November 7th, 2007, 01:19 AM
I play a Musicman Axis Super Sport. The Silhouette's thinner neck is not so much of my taste but all the other great elements of EBMM guitars are there: light weight, resonant and responsive body, great tone!

If you're after a Strat-type guitar with great tone and fantastic playability, you can't go wrong with a Silo. :Dude:

hubberjub
November 26th, 2007, 05:46 PM
My UNBELIEVABLE GUITAR STORY.
I always liked the look of the Musicman guitars. One day I was on Ebay and I typed in Musicman without typing in guitars and I came upon an auction. This auction was for a brand new autographed John Petrucci model Musicman guitar with the piezo pickup option. The owner had won the guitar in a contest and it had beed personally autographed by John Petrucci. He did not play guitar himself and instead of listing the guitar as a musical instrument he put it under the autograph section with a starting price of $600. There were only seven minutes left and no one had bid on it. I clicked the mouse and one week later I was holding my brand new autographed Petrucci model (http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd105/hubberjub/Moved%20On/). I had never played a Musicman before, and to be honest, the Petrucci looked a little too metal for me. I figured it would just be another copy of a mid '80's Ibanez shred guitar but I was pleasantly suprised. The neck was thin but it was comfortable and the wax/oil finish is so smooth and fast. The combination of the Dimarzio and piezo pickups made the guitar incredibly versatile and it had the best tremolos that I have played. I only played one gig with it. There's a picture of me with it on my bands Myspace page. You have to scroll down to the comments where someone sent us a picture. (www.myspace.com/thesecondclasscitizens) I would have kept it but I knew that because it was autographed it was worth more to someone else than it was to me. I sold it on Ebay last month. Next time I buy a guitar it will probably be an Axis.

Spudman
November 26th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Hubber you flat stole that guitar. Unbelieveable and congratulations. Envy pours from my lips.:drool:

I've finally convinced myself to stop buying guitars and wait until the new 2008 BFR Lukes come out and then I'll probably dive into one of those. This years color looks to be some sort of root beer flavor. Poppa isn't telling exactly what color yet, but they all look great anyway.

Nice story on the Petrucci.:AOK: