PDA

View Full Version : Is this what you call an OFF kind of day?

Big_Rob
November 7th, 2007, 03:11 PM
This is real and is on Fender's site :D

CXinKFBhzxg

Tone2TheBone
November 7th, 2007, 03:20 PM
What's really off is that terrible tone. :messedup:

Big_Rob
November 7th, 2007, 03:28 PM
What's really off is that terrible tone. :messedup:

LOL!!!

250Keith
November 7th, 2007, 03:28 PM
I could not watch it all, My ears hurt!
Do you guys smell something?

Robert
November 7th, 2007, 03:30 PM
What is your point with this? It's just a clip with Yngwie? I think you should try and tell us in the thread itself why you want us to look at the clips you post.

Tone2TheBone
November 7th, 2007, 03:30 PM
I could not watch it all, My ears hurt!
Do you guys smell something?

It ain't GAS if that's what you mean. I don't see anything worth gassing about here. :)

Big_Rob
November 7th, 2007, 03:42 PM
What is your point with this? It's just a clip with Yngwie? I think you should try and tell us in the thread itself why you want us to look at the clips you post.

I thought the title of the thread would be a sufficent explaination about him having an off day at a Fender event with that horrible tone.

I first thought it was a joke but come to find out its not as its posted on Fenders site

Jimi75
November 7th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Oh I guess it is the way it has been recorded with a crappy camera.
Don't know if it was a good idea putting this up ion the official Fender site, but one point is clear:

Yngwie has some chops from hell and some parts of this clips are just brilliant!

Spudman
November 7th, 2007, 06:34 PM
You want to know what the problem is? What is in the back line? Do you see any Marshall gear there? Nope. What pedal was he adjusting in the beginning? A Boss HM2? Who knows. I'm with Jimi the boy can play and yes this sounds pukey but I don't care. I've already sold my soul to Yngwie and Abba.:D

just strum
November 7th, 2007, 06:51 PM
You want to know what the problem is? What is in the back line? Do you see any Marshall gear there? Nope. What pedal was he adjusting in the beginning? A Boss HM2? Who knows. I'm with Jimi the boy can play and yes this sounds pukey but I don't care. I've already sold my soul to Yngwie and Abba.:D

Like a few here, not my thing. I will say he can play, but if I make those faces will I play better or just end up taking a dump?

Spudman
November 7th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Like a few here, not my thing. I will say he can play, but if I make those faces will I play better or just end up taking a dump?

OMG. Just blew liquid through my nose. lol :rotflmao:

Robert
November 7th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Turn on your video camera, just strum, and show us what happens when you make that face! :D

just strum
November 7th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Turn on your video camera, just strum, and show us what happens when you make that face! :D

You don't want to be shutting down the forum.

I could never figure out the exaggerated facial expressions.

s_PNgIK6Uc0

Robert
November 7th, 2007, 09:14 PM
That was a good video.

duhvoodooman
November 7th, 2007, 09:50 PM
I just did a search on Musicians' Friend, but got no hits on "mic from hell", so maybe they don't carry the model Yngwie was using. Lordy, that is some hideous tone.... :eek: :puke:

Big_Rob
November 7th, 2007, 09:58 PM
I dont want anyone to think that Im hating on Yngwie cause I actually do like him and think he was totally the innovator of that style of playing guitar, but man his tone was soo off that day.

I would think that Fender would have put up a better clip for their website

duhvoodooman
November 7th, 2007, 10:04 PM
I suspect that there was probably nothing wrong with his tone at all. While I'm no fan of that style of playing, Yngwie is certainly an astute enough musician to have recognized how bad that sounded, if that was what was coming out of his amp. I think it's just a REALLY terrible recording, for which Fender should be held responsible for posting it to their site.

Spudman
November 7th, 2007, 11:21 PM
I listened to it again and it sounds like a DI mixed with the camera audio. It has that direct fizzy sound without a cabinet emulation. Could be they just did a bad mix.

LagrangeCalvert
November 8th, 2007, 01:15 AM
I listened to it again and it sounds like a DI mixed with the camera audio. It has that direct fizzy sound without a cabinet emulation. Could be they just did a bad mix.

+1

I agree something doesn't sound right about his tone....its got great bite but the highs are just way too much and the lows sound frizzy and muddy/muffled...listen to when he rides his low E all the way down on the run that goes to open low E....down there the tone goes from harsh to a cab thats got some serious woofing out or way to much bass....doesn't make sense for the way his EQ is...so I am gonna go with cab emulator + Direct box....

That being said...I can overlook that nasty tone to hear his playing....but I cannot overlook the drummers face...its a mix of "I hate this fat coked up *** thats full of himself" and two parts "Hmmmmmm McDonalds sound good.....My butt itches :::scratches his butt::: ... glad the camera is on the fat guy who should NOT be wearing those pants....or just that whole outfit"

Brian Krashpad
November 8th, 2007, 06:29 AM

Both.

This is why I wear black jeans to gigs.

http://dwjordan.com/hotheads/hotheads_020.jpg

Lev
November 8th, 2007, 07:18 AM
I definitely don't think that was the sound in the room, sounds like someone stuck a crappy mic right infront of one of his cabs. The band and keyboard player sounded like they were off in the distance. It's possible that he uses two amps blended together for his tone, one for highs and one for lows and this was the high one alone through a bad mic.

I make faces alot when I play, it's uncontrollable - people thik I put it on but when I try not to my playing suffers.:rolleyes:

just strum
November 8th, 2007, 11:40 AM
I make faces alot when I play, it's uncontrollable - people thik I put it on but when I try not to my playing suffers.:rolleyes:

Admittedly I make faces too, but it is a reaction to the fact that my playing suffers.:messedup:

Tone2TheBone
November 8th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Forget guitar face! Here's run face!

:)

Robert
November 8th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Haha, I can do worse than that! :AOK:

SuperSwede
November 9th, 2007, 01:17 AM
Haha, I can do worse than that! :AOK:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41873000/jpg/_41873508_pamplona_416_ap.jpg