PDA

View Full Version : Boss RC20XL Loop Station

just strum
November 7th, 2007, 07:18 PM
I'm bouncing my question over here since it doesn't pertain to the review.

The Boss RC20XL Loop Station is considered good, but are there any other recommended ones in a lower price range?

Spudman
November 7th, 2007, 07:48 PM
The Boss RC2 is lower in price and a few features. Most of the loopers are in the same price range except for the XL50 and maybe the Akai Headrush and Boomerang.

A few guys here have the RC2.
A crafty shopper can get a used RC20XL under 2 bills.

sunvalleylaw
November 8th, 2007, 09:51 AM
I'm bouncing my question over here since it doesn't pertain to the review.

The Boss RC20XL Loop Station is considered good, but are there any other recommended ones in a lower price range?

I was patient and watched and found one for $150 in "good as new" condition on Harmony Central classifieds. I decided to go for the full one used. The RC-2 seems to be working well for at least 3 of our members that I can think of if you would rather buy new, or like the smaller physical size.

Algonquin
November 8th, 2007, 10:26 AM
I like the size of the RC-2 as it would fit into my pedalboard.

I wouldn't mind removing the Super Distortion/Feedbacker pedal to make room... it doesn't get used much anyway.

Tone2TheBone
November 8th, 2007, 10:54 AM
This reminds me that I need to make new loops......

just strum
November 8th, 2007, 06:57 PM
I was patient and watched and found one for $150 in "good as new" condition on Harmony Central classifieds. I decided to go for the full one used. The RC-2 seems to be working well for at least 3 of our members that I can think of if you would rather buy new, or like the smaller physical size.

If I purchased used, my preference would be to find something local. I know you guys have said these things are built like tanks, but even tanks break and certainly get abused.