PDA

View Full Version : Got two new Fender Highway One's

Duff
November 8th, 2007, 10:03 PM
I just picked up a Highway One sss at Guitar Center in Harrisburg, Pa., for $388 brand new. Some kind of unadvertised closeout GC has going on. I have no affilliation with them and don't suppose mentioning this great deal on the list is a problem.

I was so impressed with that Honey Blond sss that last night I located another one, but a HSS in wine red at the Scranton store, drove op there and bought it. It was their last one. Perfect condition, new, perfect set up, beautiful guitar with a sound that is really nice. Somewhat different than standard USA strats in that it has a little deeper low end supposedly. These are USA made guitars, made at the Corona, Ca. assembly line.

If you are not familiar with this guitar, the pickups are practically noisless, high gain; but this noislessness might have something to do with the new Digitech RP350 I bought and play through all the time now. What a neat thing.

I have been primarily using my Digitech RP350 through my new Crate Palimino V8, which, as you know has only three controls: drive, tone (scoop/opposite of scoop and flat eq at noon) and volume. This V8 sounds so cool with the RP350. I get that tube sound at late night at home levels.

Them Fenders are nice. But you have to call the manager of the GC and ask them about what you heard about the closeout for 388 on the Hwy 1's. I had to get my local guy to look into it for a minute and he had two. I got the blonde one, as I said and really like the light nitrocellulouse lacquer finish where you can just barely see the wood grain through. The finish is supposed to wear off relatively rapidly like the Gibson faded series, supposedly, and look very relic in a relatively short time. But I take care of my stuff and won't be throwing it anywhere, etc.

If you are interested you will need to call around and ask the managers of the stores about these fantastic deals because people have found out about it and a lot of them are already gone.

I also believe that a couple colors in the tele Hwy 1 are also involved in this clearance 388 deal. No gig bag.

Duffy
mbolduc@dejazzd.net
Winfield, Pa.
Fender blonde Hwy 1 sss and wine red hss

sunvalleylaw
November 8th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Great deal! Those are nice guitars. Congrats! When I was shopping for my strat, they were a close second to my choice. They did seem slightly darker than mine and I wanted bright and chimey, but they were very toneful and warm.

Spudman
November 8th, 2007, 11:46 PM
Pictures or it didn't really happen.:)

Duff
November 8th, 2007, 11:59 PM
It happened.

I will try to post some pics.

Duffy

PS:

Call some of the GC's around you and see if you can find this great deal before they are gone: $388.

Brian Krashpad
November 9th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Congrats, now pics!

:AOK:

duhvoodooman
November 9th, 2007, 08:21 AM
Nice score!! :AOK: Need pics!! Clips would be good, too!! :Dude:

Adrian30
November 9th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Great deal! No pressure but...pics!:D

Edit: Just came back from GC and they had a HW 1 for the same price. It's a sweet deal... too bad I don't need a strat right now.

Duff
November 11th, 2007, 04:45 AM
I have some pictures I just took of my new acoustic, Seagull twentieth aniversary S6 spruce:

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/5904736dd4d57b4a.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=62)

Duff
November 11th, 2007, 04:49 AM
That took WAY too long to figure out how to post.

I'll have to work on this and post some more when I get better at it.

I was confused because it didn't show the uploaded picture, just a bunch of text; but it showed the picture after I submitted the reply.

Is this the way this is supposed to work?

Duff
November 11th, 2007, 09:54 PM
I hope these pictures come out good:

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/thum_5904737cbdcd2577.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=64)

Duff
November 11th, 2007, 10:06 PM
I am a novice at this interface, uploading these pictures. There has to be an easier way to get them sized down and attached than the way I'm doing it.

Any advice?

I would love to do some clips. I can record straight into my computer music software, Sony Acid Music Studio, and probably attach those clips somehow. Why do they call it Sony "Acid"? Is there any metaphor or analogy or is it just supposed to mean it "burns" the music? Anybody use this software. It seems pretty neat. You can lay down unlimitted tracks, drag and drop, etc. I'm thinking I could burn part of a song from my library and then superimpose a lead section on top of this. Acid is a deep program with a lot of effects, etc.

Would this violate the copywrite laws as understood and enforced by the Fret net? Can you attach music clips from copywrited songs that you put a lead line on top of?

Or do you have to just attach your own music? I suppose I could use my RP350 to lay down a basic drum beat and then superimpose some rythym and lead sections as clips.

But this would probably exceed the clip limit. Any advice on submitting clips of your playing? How long? What size file, etc.?

F4DPhantomII
January 6th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Any idea if these were 2006 or 2007 models that they were clearing out. I am going to the Flint MI Guitar Center today to ask about it if its not too late.Thanks.

tjcurtin1
January 6th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Duff - stop! Stop! you're making us crazy! Three new guitars at a whack!

Iago
January 7th, 2008, 09:21 AM
They are (were) cleaning out only the older model to my knowledge. Still, the best deal I ever saw on a Fender. I`d buy one right away..

Big K
January 7th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Bingo, we have a winner.... 2 very nice pieces to add to the collection....

Brian Krashpad
January 7th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Those look good.

As far as posting images, I usually upload to photobucket.com and then use image tags. If resizing is a problem, some websites will either automatically resize (like flickr.com and myspace.com), while others offer it as an option (imageshack.us). I've used all 4 different sites to upload photos to without major probs.

Duff
January 8th, 2008, 02:01 AM
Mine are both '07's with the new design modifications. It was just certain colors they were clearing out. The sunbursts were the regular price and a couple other colors. I got the off white and the burgundy. They sound great thru my new Epi Valve Jr. Head and matching Cab, without any pedals or processors. Really nice overdriven sound. "Freebird" sounds great.

Duffy

Couldn't pass up a deal like that. I couldn't find a tele or I would have gotten one of those too. I think my favorite guitar is my Epi 1966 reissue SG G400 with the full pickguard like the Gibson standard SG. It is beautiful cherry transparent high gloss varnish and plays great and sounds great with the stock pickups, really great. I also like my amber, not sunburst, transparent flamed maple Epi LP standard plus top with a nickel plated JB in the bridge and half round strings. Great smooth tone.