PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else do this?

LagrangeCalvert
November 9th, 2007, 02:24 AM
I think I'm really really....I mean really strange for doing this.

I keep a music journal....in a journal, not typed!

Basically anything about music or ideas I get for rigs/gigs/new tones...dislikes and likes with my music/gear...anything that happens in my day about my music.

Is this weird?

abraxas
November 9th, 2007, 03:29 AM
I think I'm really really....I mean really strange for doing this.

I keep a music journal....in a journal, not typed!

Basically anything about music or ideas I get for rigs/gigs/new tones...dislikes and likes with my music/gear...anything that happens in my day about my music.

Is this weird?

Yes, it's weird (for "ordinary people").

No, you're not the only one doing it mate. :) :)

LagrangeCalvert
November 9th, 2007, 03:37 AM
My girlfriend has one for her jewelery design one for her web design and one she calls "double dreams"....her actual night time dreams and her aspirations go into that....some people I guess just find the need to write down about the things they love....for me its music and mainly guitar. Im also a fishing nut...but you wouldn't catch me dead writing down the poles and terminal tackle I want....though Bass Pro Shops is probably still in business because of me....so is Guitar Center / Musiciansfriend.com

R_of_G
November 9th, 2007, 06:59 AM
Everybody is a nerd about something. Music is, in my opinion, one of the coolest things you can "nerd out" on. Welcome to the club!

Adrian30
November 9th, 2007, 12:55 PM
That's great that you keep a journal. You shouldn't ask if its weird. Just do whatever works for you and makes you happy.

LagrangeCalvert
November 9th, 2007, 01:04 PM
its scary that my S/O writes EVERYTHING down....either she's insane OR she's a genius.....and I do "nerd out" about it.

Spudman
November 9th, 2007, 02:18 PM
It's good that you are doing it because when you get to be my age you'll have forgotten a lot of cool stuff. This way you can go back and have your grand kids read it to you to help you remember.:)

Dauntless
November 9th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Im also a fishing nut...but you wouldn't catch me dead writing down the poles and terminal tackle I want....though Bass Pro Shops is probably still in business because of me....so is Guitar Center / Musiciansfriend.com

You mean you've never kept a record of days, conditions, moon phase, lure type, lure color, ect...?:D

LagrangeCalvert
November 9th, 2007, 04:13 PM
You mean you've never kept a record of days, conditions, moon phase, lure type, lure color, ect...?:D

yes......I have.....

My biggest catch is a 9lb 7oz. large mouth bass.......my pride and joy....

for the past 5 seasons I have pulled out at least one Bass over 5lbs since.

jpfeifer
November 9th, 2007, 04:51 PM
What's weird anyway? That's a subjective thing. I've seen musicians do much weirder things than keeping a music journal. It sounds pretty normal if you ask me.

I don't keep a journal but I do keep a list of things that I want to do with music. I find that it really helps to write down your ideas for things you want to accomplish. In other words, making a vision for where you want to go and what it will take. Sometimes I will forget to look at my list for months and then I'll pull it out and think, oh yeah, I really want to learn this new lick or get better at slide playing, or write some more tunes, etc. Then I have to examine myself and say, "what am I doing about it?" What steps will I take to get there.

-- Jim