PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts about Rivera?

Radioboy950
November 9th, 2007, 01:38 PM
OK guys, if I had a money tree growing in my backyard, I’d love to have in my collection ANYTHING from Rivera. :drool:

http://rivera.com

I know that “good tone” is personal & subjective thing, but to my ears, these amps are among the best I’ve heard for what I play (pretty much anything but super-distorted metal).

Anybody playing through a Rivera? What do you think??

Spudman
November 9th, 2007, 02:15 PM
I have 3 shining examples to back you up.

First. I worked several times with Chris Duarte after he got his Rivera endorsement. Sounded great to me and much better than the Marshall he used to play through. More bottom end.

Second. Steve Lukather on the Mindfields tour around 2000. I stood right in front of him thinking the whole time that this was the first time that I really liked his sound.

Third. Recently saw the Steve Miller Band and Kenny Lee Lewis was smoking on Rivera amplification. Sunvalley and I both noted the diverse tones and the high quality of each of them that he got throughout the evening.

All three guys are very credible so there must be something to them if they are playing them. I haven't heard a bad one yet.

sunvalleylaw
November 9th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot that was the amph he was getting his screaming solos and rhythm tones through. He, and his sound, were awesome!

TS808
November 10th, 2007, 07:14 AM
I owned one of the Rivera designed Fender amps (from the 80's I think) and it was an amazing amp...it was the Rivera designed Fender Concert 1 x 12 combo. To this day, the Rivera designed Fenders are getting a good penny on ebay and in the used market.

R.B. Huckleberry
November 16th, 2007, 04:05 PM
The top contender in my own personal amp-quest is the Rivera Chubster 40. Not too many bells & whistles, and the distorted sounds eat the other amps I'd been loking at for breakfast!

Reportedly built like the proverbial brickhouse, too.