PDA

View Full Version : Marc Ribot

R_of_G
November 10th, 2007, 12:20 PM
So I've talked about him and talked about him, so it's not news to anybody that Marc Ribot is my favorite living guitar player. I finally had the time to search youtube and find some video for some of you guys who may not be familiar with Marc.

Here he is in the setting where I first encountered him, playing with the great Tom Waits, this time on a beautiful rendition of "House Where Nobody Lives"...

cnlFBS8s5-A

Here is a solo performance of his take on the Beatles' "Happiness Is a Warm Gun"

6VjKKFu83xw

Here he is playing with Medeski, Martin & Wood. For anyone who wants to cut to the chase, Marc's solo starts at about 2:50-2:55.

urG-79bdo2g

Again with MMW, this time performing Hendrix's "Crosstown Traffic"

g3wkJX0A8FM

A solo acoustic performance of the song "The Dying Cowboy" [his singing voice is not particularly good, but it is honest].

sJJT6UNQ84k

Marc and his band Los Cubanos Postizos performing "Aurora En Pekin". Note, the opening minute or so is some interesting noodling by Marc, but the song proper begins around 1:35.

uGSI8CuH1nQ

This video is not the greatest quality, but you can hear it pretty well, and it is certainly worth hearing Marc play with his rockin' trio Ceramic Dog.

LNfEtmzqTw4

And speaking of Ceramic Dog, here is their take on The Ohio Players' "Love Rollercoaster." Wah wah fun from Marc...

22Iu9cUMrT8

Ok, you've indulged this nerd enough for now.:AOK:

R_of_G
November 11th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Marc playing some John Zorn and talking about Zorn...

GHeHX8npxpE