PDA

View Full Version : Gibson autotune

ted s
November 10th, 2007, 05:26 PM
I saw this link on Greenmachine's forum, thanks Greenie.

http://www.gibson.com/robotguitar/index.html

Algonquin
November 11th, 2007, 08:14 AM
That's interesting.

I guess one day we'll be telling our GrandKids about the old days when we had to manually tune our own Guitars...

Sort of like how our Grandfolks would tell us...

'I had to walk 2 miles to school, up hill both ways, with snow up to my knees...'

just strum
November 11th, 2007, 09:14 AM
I'm not old fashion, but I see stuff like this as extra weight and something else that can go wrong. Now, if you could get me a guitar that could take strings out of a package and string itself, I would probably be interested.

The day may come when we tell out grand kids you actually had to play a guitar - period. Until then, I continue to work on explaining to my daughter that you had to get up to turn the TV on and off, and change the channel. She's already having a hard time dealing with the fact at one time there was only three channels:D

teejayh
November 12th, 2007, 06:52 AM
It's nice that the LP can now tune itself. The only question is can it stay in tune? Hopefully they upgraded the tuners on this one...

GREENMACHINE
November 13th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Hey Guys
I think it stays in tune for ages (I guess it would for the time you play it) and then probally the next time you woudl tune it again. I personally think it's not about the guitar anymore its about what it can do, I don't think its that hard to tune a guitar is it? I think the VG Strat idea is good because it is still a guitar just with way more options, this guitar seems alittle involved with turn the knob this way to do this and that way to do this, push it three times to do this, but with the VG you just turn to what you want. (I'm not advertising for the VG lol)
But this is just my opinion, the concept is ok I don't mind it but I wonder how the guitar actually sounds?

Cheers
GREENMACHINE:D