PDA

View Full Version : PS3 in da Hizzouse

marnold
November 10th, 2007, 09:29 PM
I've been out of touch for a bit because my family got an early Christmas present: a 60G PS3. It's a present for all of us (except my little girl who isn't in to such things . . . yet) from my parents. We also got the Blu-Ray remote and Resistance: Fall of Man in the package from WalMart.com. I ordered Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction along with it. I picked up Lego Star Wars: The Complete Series from a brick-and-mortar Wally World. Good thing I got the Lego game because the PS3 came before the other games did :)

Even on my standard def T.V., the new Ratchet looks spectacular. Sounds great through the stereo too. As a neat side-benefit, I can now stream MP3s from my computer to the PS3 to play through the stereo. I'm using a slick server called MediaTomb (http://www.mediatomb.cc) for that. If there are any other Fretters with PS3s who would like to be online buddies, my Playstation Network handle is ATHun.

Spudman
November 11th, 2007, 01:34 AM
Guess we won't be hearing from Marnold much now.:(

Come back after you have conquered the games. We'll still be here and we'll have plenty of your favorite pancakes waiting.:pancake

SuperSwede
November 11th, 2007, 02:35 AM
Thats awesome Marnold.. congrats! :)

marnold
November 11th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Guess we won't be hearing from Marnold much now.:(
I would think that most Fretters would consider that to be a GOOD thing. It IS fun, but let's face it. The PS3 has no humbuckers.

Tone2TheBone
November 11th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Lucky!!!! I'm coming over tomorrow!

Justaguyin_nc
November 11th, 2007, 07:58 PM
I would think that most Fretters would consider that to be a GOOD thing. It IS fun, but let's face it. The PS3 has no humbuckers.

Welp, you can always add Guitar Hero to it.. which will get you the humbuckers..:)

:beer:

Tone2TheBone
November 25th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Gonna revive this thread with a question to you Marnold. Recently got an early family Christmas gift of a new PS3 as well! Took 2 years from the start this thread but we got it! Anyway I am having a common problem with the audio. I'm running an HDMI connector from the PS3 to the TV. When I run the audio preferences I used the "automatic" detection mode and I got audio but it's only in 2 channel stereo. I have a 5.1 Surround receiver and I am not getting Surround Sound using the PS3. I'm only getting 2 channel. When I change the audio settings to "manual" in the PS3 menu and select Dolby Digital 5.1 or any other Surround Sound selection my audio goes away again...it's only liking the 2 channel mode. I'm trying to figure out how I can make it work with my receiver and I thought you might be able to help? Thanks man for any thoughts you might have!

marnold
November 25th, 2009, 09:03 PM
I'd like to be able to help, but I've only got a standard def T.V. My guess is that you'd somehow have to run a different line to your stereo. I haven't messed with that.

Kazz
November 26th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Tone....it may be that your receiver does not like the signal coming from the HDMI. You can use an optical cable for the audio and still use the HDMI for 1080p video.

Tone2TheBone
December 1st, 2009, 12:09 PM
No prob Rev thanks though!

Kazz - I'll try that option thanks for the info!

phoenix_p0
December 1st, 2009, 02:18 PM
My friend has gone to uni and left his PS3 with me for 3 years during his course... good guy!

He was afraid of it being nicked from the uni dorms.