PDA

View Full Version : Jimi75 close up video :-)

Jimi75
November 11th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Puuhh, finally found some time to set up the video cam and record something.

I have played some lydian lines (a-minor over a g-major progression) and in the near future I would like to go a little into detail of some of the licks and post slow/fast videos, because I want to share licks and tricks with my fellow fret bros!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuAsGRAh-58

I hope you like it and don't mind the false note in the beginning.

HuAsGRAh-58

ted s
November 11th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Wow Jimi !, that was smokin ! Nothing false in there.
Awsome, scuze me while I pick my jaw up off the floor.

abraxas
November 11th, 2007, 03:04 PM
That was very nice! :AOK: Waiting for more! :Dude:

just strum
November 11th, 2007, 04:10 PM
I guess they're right - the good ones make it look easy.

I pick up on odd things, but I noticed you hold your pick the way Robert notes in one of his videos. I've tried that and I feel like I lose control, apparently that's not the case for you and Robert.

Nice job Jimi.

Adrian30
November 11th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Great palying Jimi!

Jimi75
November 12th, 2007, 12:19 PM
I guess they're right - the good ones make it look easy.

I pick up on odd things, but I noticed you hold your pick the way Robert notes in one of his videos. I've tried that and I feel like I lose control, apparently that's not the case for you and Robert.

Nice job Jimi.

Hey Just Strum, I believe there is no right or wrong on how you hold your pick. Look at Marty Friedman or even Carlos Santana how unconventionally they hold their picks. Play the way you have most control over the pick and the way that feels best for you.

Jimi

sunvalleylaw
November 12th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Great vid Jimi! I like watching both your hands, and love the tones. Thanks for sharing it.

aeolian
November 12th, 2007, 03:42 PM
Excellent playing, Jimi!

But now you confused me. Lydian is the 4th mode, a minor over G major would be more like Dorian, wouldn't it? Please set me straight.

Robert
November 12th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Nice chops, bro!

Jimi75
November 13th, 2007, 03:14 AM
Excellent playing, Jimi!

But now you confused me. Lydian is the 4th mode, a minor over G major would be more like Dorian, wouldn't it? Please set me straight.

Hello Aeolian, the 4th of G is C-major. C-major is equal to A-minor.
If we talked G-minor the 4th would be C-mior thus Dorian.

I hope I am right, otherwise forget about it and just listen to the music :-)

:Dude:

just strum
November 13th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Hey Just Strum, I believe there is no right or wrong on how you hold your pick. Look at Marty Friedman or even Carlos Santana how unconventionally they hold their picks. Play the way you have most control over the pick and the way that feels best for you.

Jimi

I know there is no "correct" way and it was more an observation. I always like to give potential improvements a try. When I saw Robert's video regarding holding the pick I gave it a try and even after several attempts, I felt I lost some control.

I have played some lydian lines (a-minor over a g-major progression) and in the near future I would like to go a little into detail of some of the licks and post slow/fast videos, because I want to share licks and tricks with my fellow fret bros!

That's something I definitely would like to see, especially if your detail allows some of us beginners to get an understanding of what you are doing.

Tone2TheBone
November 13th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Cool playing Jimi and thanks for posting the vid here at the Fret where I can see.