PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero III for Wii has MONO sound only

R_of_G
November 12th, 2007, 10:00 AM
File this one under "oops..."

http://digg.com/nintendo_wii/Guitar_Hero_3_for_Wii_is_Mono_sound_only_Activisio n_embarrassed

Guitar Hero 3 for Wii is Mono sound only, Activision embarrassed

What started out as faulty Dolby Pro Logic II sound has turned out to be even more embarrassing for Activision. They released a music game with only mono sound. Definitely a bug, and definitely not acceptable for the year 2007. Even though you may hear sound from 2 stereo speakers, you're still just hearing single channel mono sound from both.

:spank:

Big_Rob
November 12th, 2007, 01:19 PM
And a big oopsie it is!!!!

pie_man_25
November 13th, 2007, 05:43 PM
WOW, well, I've played the XBOX 360 version and it kicks ***, some of the best titles include:

sunshine of your love, cream
the seeker, the who
pride and joy, stevie ray vaughan
reign in blood, slayer

to name a few, although it does have miss murder by AFI, they can't get 'em all right... can they?

Tone2TheBone
November 27th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Have they issued another version of this? In time for Christmas?

R_of_G
November 28th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Have they issued another version of this? In time for Christmas?

From what I have read in the game forums, nope, they {Activision} have done nothing other than acknowledge that they are in fact aware of the problem and are working on a solution. It seems to me unlikely that they will issue a patch for something like this game to a system with no hard-drive. Looks to me like a fixed version will not be an Xmas item.:whatever:

Tone2TheBone
November 28th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Rats.

R_of_G
November 29th, 2007, 06:56 AM
Rats.

No kidding. The company I work for gives away prizes at the xmas party, and this year there are at least 10 wii's. If I were to win one, I'd have wanted to check out GHIII, but I suppose I could just as easily win one and put it on ebay and use the profits to buy a Tele.

bigoldron
November 29th, 2007, 08:57 AM
No kidding. The company I work for gives away prizes at the xmas party, and this year there are at least 10 wii's. If I were to win one, I'd have wanted to check out GHIII, but I suppose I could just as easily win one and put it on ebay and use the profits to buy a Tele.

No kidding! Wii's are going for $150 over regular cost because everybody's in a panic.:whatever: :puke:

R_of_G
November 29th, 2007, 09:13 AM
No kidding! Wii's are going for $150 over regular cost because everybody's in a panic.:whatever: :puke:

Yup, and the closer it gets to xmas, the more people will pay. Gotta love free trade!