PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero episode of South Park

Big_Rob
November 12th, 2007, 02:23 PM
This isn't a download, you can watch it at this address.

http://www.southparkzone.com/episodes/1113/Guitar-Queer-o.html

Now with that said, heres the reason Im posting it.

A few months ago, a non guitar playing friend of mine told me that he played guitar hero and was enjoying it because it felt like he was really playing guitar.

Heres where I felt like Stans Dad,

I told him that I would show him how to play guitar for real and he told me no, because guitar was "too expensive of a hobby and he didn't have time to learn it."

I told him fine and never brought it back up.

He just doesn't know what hes missing. :D

R_of_G
November 12th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Haven't seen the episode yet, but thanks for the link to watch it. I have a friend who is an amazing guitar player, but he hasn't played in about a year or so because he has spent most of his free time playing Guitar Hero II. Now, I am not one to put down video games because I love video games, and have wasted many an hour playing them myself, but that is the exact reason I haven't gotten any version of GH. I know myself, and I will spend hours playing that game [and prob enjoying it] while my actual guitars gather dust.

PS. Did you see my post earlier about the Wii edition of GHIII being in mono only? I couldn't stop laughing at that one.

luvmyshiner
November 12th, 2007, 03:24 PM
I have to admit, I'm a closet South Park fan and I laughed my butt off during that episode! And believe me, I look pretty weird without a butt.:messedup:

What was the other game they started playing, chase the dragon?:rotflmao:

Big_Rob
November 12th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Haven't seen the episode yet, but thanks for the link to watch it. I have a friend who is an amazing guitar player, but he hasn't played in about a year or so because he has spent most of his free time playing Guitar Hero II. Now, I am not one to put down video games because I love video games, and have wasted many an hour playing them myself, but that is the exact reason I haven't gotten any version of GH. I know myself, and I will spend hours playing that game [and prob enjoying it] while my actual guitars gather dust.

PS. Did you see my post earlier about the Wii edition of GHIII being in mono only? I couldn't stop laughing at that one.

I saw it and commented on it. I had to laugh at the article though, How the heck can you come out with a music game thats in mono?

Mesa thinks that some game testers in Japan will be wearing the Hachimaki of dishonor :rotflmao:

Radioboy950
November 12th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Brilliant episode. Instant classic.
Watched it on TV a couple times already.

Big_Rob
November 12th, 2007, 04:02 PM
I have to admit, I'm a closet South Park fan and I laughed my butt off during that episode! And believe me, I look pretty weird without a butt.:messedup:

What was the other game they started playing, chase the dragon?:rotflmao:

No, It was Heroin Hero and the object of the game was chasing the dragon which is another term for addicted to heroin

R_of_G
November 12th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Mesa thinks that some game testers in Japan will be wearing the Hachimaki of dishonor :rotflmao:

Perhaps Nintendo will come up with a way to commit suppoku [ritual suicide] with your Wii.:rotflmao:

Big_Rob
November 12th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Perhaps Nintendo will come up with a way to commit suppoku [ritual suicide] with your Wii.:rotflmao:
I can see it now,

Some Samurai standing behind you, holding the sword right above your head yelling at you how you've dishonored your ancestors and have dishonored bushido in general. just waiting for you to stick the sword in to disembowel yourself before he takes your head, thus regaining you and your ancestors honor.

http://www.nihon-zen.ch/clipart/seppuku_2.jpg

If course thats all virtual and when you commit seppuku you wind up disemboweling your TV with the controller

http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/images/p321/01.jpg

:D:rotflmao::beavisnbutthead: