PDA

View Full Version : Windy today... 90 km/h

Robert
November 13th, 2007, 11:13 AM
The whole building is shaking here today, and it ain't because of me playing loud guitar!

Strong northwest winds of up to 90 km/h are happening as we speak. I'm not running in this wind today...

just strum
November 13th, 2007, 11:38 AM
The whole building is shaking here today, and it ain't because of me playing loud guitar!

Strong northwest winds of up to 90 km/h are happening as we speak. I'm not running in this wind today...

We had some strong winds here a few days ago, but not that strong.

You can always go running with the wind to your back, you just will have to wait awhile to start heading back home.

Algonquin
November 13th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Issued by
Wind warning for: Leduc-Camrose-Wetaskiwin-Tofield
Issued at 10:02 AM MST TUESDAY 13 NOVEMBER 2007
STRONG NORTHWEST WINDS OF 60 GUSTING TO 90 KM/H HAVE DEVELOPED.
AN INTENSE LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM MOVED EASTWARD THROUGH CENTRAL ALBERTA OVERNIGHT. IN THE WAKE OF THE SYSTEM GUSTY WESTERLY WINDS HAVE DEVELOPED AND WINDS OF 60 GUSTING TO 90 KM/H ARE EXPECTED ACROSS THE WARNING REGIONS UNTIL LATE THIS AFTERNOON.

Good idea to keep your little doggie inside today...

Spudman
November 13th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Who's trippin down the streets of the city / smiling at everybody she meets\ Who's reachin' out to capture a moment
Everyone knows it's windy.

Hang on brother. If you have to - grab your Strat - because when I hear you play it I know that it's heavy man.

chordshredder
November 13th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Robert;
80km gusting to 128km here in the middle of Oklahoma isnt out of the ordinary. I remember one semester I had a 6:30 Algebra/Trig class and when walking into the howling north wind coming strait through 3 strands of barb wire out of Kansas into Oklahoma State Univ in Stillwater Okla I had to stay bent over at a 45. Ive been driving 34 miles west to work everday for 30 years and its not uncommon to see trashcans dancing across the interstate hwy at least once a year. Well, My mom 79, fell and broke her hip and Ive been busy with that and will probably be scarce for a while, got a lot extra todo and prob will hve for some time. BTW I liked the new amp.

Bloozcat
November 14th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Shoot...when it gets to 200km/hr, then you're talking windy....:D

Actually, I hope you never have to see winds like that. It's no fun...:eek:
90km/hr-128km/hr is bad enough.