PDA

View Full Version : Junior Brown and his Guit-Steel

Big_Rob
November 13th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Ive seen Junior Brown in the past and have noticed his unusual guitar/lap steel combo, but I never realized just how good of a guitarist he really is.

After watching the kick butt Hot Rod Lincoln video I decided to look for Highway Patrol and found it and so many other great songs of his

Highway Patrol
XVk6PMbNs4o

Jamming
Y_T3XqOaWRo

R_of_G
November 13th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Haven't really listened to Junior Brown, though I've seen him on tv here and there and found him impressive. These clips were cool!

Tone2TheBone
November 14th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Junior is just awesome awesome awesome I'd give my left nut to see him. Well I'd give up a guitar pick or two at least! I hear he plays very loudly too MAN I'd love to be drinkin' me a beer listening to him play brother....

hubberjub
November 27th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Look for his version of Sugar Foot Rag. It's great.

Big_Rob
November 27th, 2007, 01:09 PM

Quite awesome!!! :Dude:

Eric
June 9th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Just found this thread, but I thought I'd put in my 2 cents. I freaking love Junior Brown.

I live 1200 miles from my parents, and on one trip back, I listened solely to Guit With It on the 21-hour car drive. I must have listened to Sugar Foot Rag about 40+ times on that drive.

oldguy
June 10th, 2010, 04:06 AM
He is awesome. His surf/rock/Hendrix medley he does live is great. He's good at country and swing, but don't let that cowboy hat fool 'ya, he's got a wild side.:rockya

guitarhack
June 10th, 2010, 05:07 AM
I keep his "Guit With It" cd in my truck all the time. Talk about tone!

kiteman
June 10th, 2010, 06:05 AM
My favorite. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=497ZmAsGAT4

Tone2TheBone
June 10th, 2010, 08:21 AM
He is awesome. His surf/rock/Hendrix medley he does live is great. He's good at country and swing, but don't let that cowboy hat fool 'ya, he's got a wild side.:rockya

Glenn - thanks again for sending me that tune I was gonna mention it. I wish he'd come to town!

oldguy
June 11th, 2010, 04:14 AM
Glenn - thanks again for sending me that tune I was gonna mention it. I wish he'd come to town!

Sure thing buddy. I hope he does sometime so you can see him live, the faces he makes are worth the price of admission.