PDA

View Full Version : Hello Folks,,

Steve206
November 13th, 2007, 09:19 PM
I guess I am another of the Washouts.

It is good to see some familiar names.

I look forward to getting to know some new guitar friends.

Bear with me if I take a little time getting all my info in the right order.

Living in southwest Florida, south of Sarasota. Used to sell wine and am in the process of finding something new.

Been playing/holding guitars for over forty years. Which in no way infers that I know anything about them.

Gear includes a 61 016-NY [martin], 66 Guild D-40, 87 Fender Strat, Wash HB32, Wash J-6, Wash J28SCEDL, Johnson tri cone, Rogue mando, Wash 12 string, Martin uke, Oscar Schmidt Autoharp.

Fender practice amp and a Vox AD30VT. Shure microphones and a Zoom MRS8 digital recorder.http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/thum_2280473a6934a6d24.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=73)

sunvalleylaw
November 13th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Hi Steve, Steve here. Steve will be right along to join me in welcoming you. Welcome to the party! :beer:

Oh, on another note, it is tradition for new members to share one of their guitars with one of the other members during a trial/pledge period. I feel the need for some time with that Guild. :)

Robert
November 13th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Welcome Steve, may we call you Bert to lessen the "Steve-confusion"? haha, just kidding!

Enjoy our guitar hangout!

Adrian30
November 13th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Welcome Steve, may we call you Bert to lessen the "Steve-confusion"? haha, just kidding!

Bert doesn’t work; it’s too close to RoBERT.:D
Welcome Steve, and enjoy this wonderful forum.

Spudman
November 13th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Hi Steve. Steve here as Steve alluded to another Steve coming along soon to welcome you (Steve) to all things Steve here at the wonderful Steve forum...er fret.net.

We like wine here too so your expertise will be appreciated. I heard that it comes in bottles too and not just a box. Is this true?;) :D

SuperSwede
November 14th, 2007, 12:12 AM
Hi Steve, welcome to thefret.net!

mrmudcat
November 14th, 2007, 06:14 AM
Oh so cool to visit this morning and see you had joined!!!:beer: Swamp brothers rule:crazyguy:

Welcome steve to a much cooler, laidback ,dramaless,forum!:AOK:

The peeps here are definitely a plus and are pretty damn spiffy!!!:beavisnbutthead:

warren0728
November 14th, 2007, 07:45 AM
welcome Steve206....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww :pancake

note: this welcome copyrighted 2007...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

Tone2TheBone
November 14th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Welcome Steve. Nothing like geetars on your walls! :)

duhvoodooman
November 14th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Welcome, Steve! Always room for another Washout here at TheFret! :AOK:

My real name is Bob, but everybody here just calls me DVM. They call me several other things, too, but let's not get into that now.... ;)

P.S. Nice collection of gits ya got there! But you need more. And we're just the bunch to convince you of that....

Bloozcat
November 14th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Welcome Steve!

...used to sell wine, you say? We need to talk...:D

luvmyshiner
November 14th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Hey Steve, good to see ya'! Welcome aboard brother.

Just a word of advice to all the other Fretters, you might want to hide your blow up dolls and the sheep.:crazyguy:

Brian Krashpad
November 14th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Hi Steve, welcome!

We've got a few Floridians here.

I'm up in Gainesville.

warren0728
November 14th, 2007, 01:32 PM
We've got a few Floridians here.

I'm up in Gainesville.
yep...im a little north of orlando...and used to live in gainesville too!

ww

snarph
November 14th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Hey buddy looks like you slipped into another dimension now your stuck:):):)

R_of_G
November 14th, 2007, 03:34 PM
tampa florida here. welcome!

ted s
November 14th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Welcome Steve.

Guitar Gal
November 14th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Welcome aboard Steve206 :AOK:

GG

just strum
November 14th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Hello Steve, I see you met Steve and the other Steve. I also didn't realize how many people from Florida were on this forum.

Well I'm glad to see you finally showed up. Instead of going into how it is here, I will just ditto Mudcat's post. I think you will find it enjoyable here. Good people and good topic, as long as you don't discuss Holy Cow's - I think they have a strong dislike for cows. If that is the case, they probably never saw the humor in the Far Side comics.

Bloozcat
November 15th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Hello Steve, I see you met Steve and the other Steve. I also didn't realize how many people from Florida were on this forum.

Well I'm glad to see you finally showed up. Instead of going into how it is here, I will just ditto Mudcat's post. I think you will find it enjoyable here. Good people and good topic, as long as you don't discuss Holy Cow's - I think they have a strong dislike for cows. If that is the case, they probably never saw the humor in the Far Side comics.

Who doesn't like cows? I like cows, especially when they're in the shape of a Porterhouse steak....I guess that isn't exactly a Holy Cow though, is it...:D

Brian Krashpad
November 15th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Who doesn't like cows? I like cows, especially when they're in the shape of a Porterhouse steak....I guess that isn't exactly a Holy Cow though, is it...:D

No, that's a cow with a steak-shaped hole.

mrmudcat
November 15th, 2007, 01:13 PM
:rotflmao:

M29
November 15th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Hello Steve,

Welcome! I lived in Fart Lauderdale back in the 70's for a few years. What...What...:spank:

M29

oldguy
November 18th, 2007, 08:23 AM
Welcome, Steve206, glad you joined us here at TheFret.net!:beer:
oldguy

wingsdad
November 18th, 2007, 11:09 AM
Hey...good to c-ya here, 206.:)