PDA

View Full Version : Bron-yr-aur...kid style

Tone2TheBone
November 15th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Was surfing for versions of this classic Zeppelin/Jimmy Page tune and found this gem. Pretty dang cool. Bet his dad is proud.

8EJumP5Qb6s

SuperSwede
November 15th, 2007, 11:37 AM
the video doesnt work...

Tone2TheBone
November 15th, 2007, 11:38 AM
I know. Try this link instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EJumP5Qb6s

SuperSwede
November 15th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Hey, thats a really cool kid!

Robert
November 15th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Talented kid!

How the heck do you pronounce "Bron-yr-aur" and what does that mean?

Ro3b
November 15th, 2007, 01:09 PM
It was Robert Plant's holiday cottage in Wales, where he and JP wrote and recorded some of the material on Led Zep III. The pronunciation is something like bron-ur-AIR.

I learned this piece a couple of years ago for a wedding gig some friends and I played for. The couple wanted Stairway to Heaven for the processional, Ramble On for the recessional, and Bron-yr-Aur for an interlude while the couple lit the unity candle. Fun stuff.

Tone2TheBone
November 15th, 2007, 02:12 PM
It was Robert Plant's holiday cottage in Wales, where he and JP wrote and recorded some of the material on Led Zep III. The pronunciation is something like bron-ur-AIR.

I learned this piece a couple of years ago for a wedding gig some friends and I played for. The couple wanted Stairway to Heaven for the processional, Ramble On for the recessional, and Bron-yr-Aur for an interlude while the couple lit the unity candle. Fun stuff.

The tuning for it is CACGCE right?

As a side note I don't understand why the video doesn't play within the thread, but plays at youtube....

Robert
November 15th, 2007, 02:17 PM
It doesn't work here because the author of the video set it to "Embedding disabled by request".

Tone2TheBone
November 15th, 2007, 02:24 PM
It doesn't work here because the author of the video set it to "Embedding disabled by request".

*nods* Oh I see..... Thanks for the info!

just strum
November 15th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Did you watch the other videos? I wasn't sure if it is the same kid at first, but it's the same amp and poster in the background.

Looks a little younger here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFa3u189IhU&feature=related

luvmyshiner
November 16th, 2007, 06:19 PM
WOW! Strum, imagine how good we would be if we were playing guitar at that age instead of playing with Tonka trucks (do they still make those?):Dude: