PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get their 20% off coupon for Guitar Center?

Tone2TheBone
November 15th, 2007, 02:32 PM
I got one in the mail. Day after Thanksgiving for 2 hours only (8am to 10am). Anything in the store...20% off. That's not too shabby. Now I'm wondering what I should get my grubby hands on.

duhvoodooman
November 15th, 2007, 02:43 PM
I guess it would be worth it if I had a large purchase planned, but all I need is nickle/dime stuff and the hassle of dealing with the Black Friday crowds just ain't worth the 20% to me. The local GC here in Albany happens to be smack dab in the middle of the busiest road for retail shopping in the entire area. Traffic there is always a hassle, and on Black Friday it's like something out of a Wes Craven movie.... :reallymad:

R_of_G
November 15th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Haven't checked the mail yet today, but I do typically get their coupons, so it's prob in there. I never wind up getting to use this one because typically I have to work on that Friday and during those hours. This year I happen to be taking the day off, except I will be in Houston visiting family, and doubt I will be getting out to the local Guitar Center there. If I could use it on the other hand, I'm still looking for my Tele.:drool:

Radioboy950
November 15th, 2007, 02:54 PM
If I can score one of these alleged $388 Fender Highway One Strat closeouts, plus the discount....Holy Moly!! I have three GC’s in my area. Maybe I’ll have some luck.

Tone2TheBone
November 15th, 2007, 03:14 PM
You guys on the search for guitars and or amps would really benefit from this deal cause that 20% would get you a significant discount. I'm wanting to try out that little Fender Champion 600 amp. We only have one GC in town and I'm expecting it to be packed that morning too. Ugh.

Adrian30
November 15th, 2007, 03:36 PM
I didn't get my coupon yet. Does it say on the coupon "...this offer excludes Mesa etc.etc....", it usually does. I'm GASing pretty bad for one of them Mesa Express 5:25s.:messedup:

Tone2TheBone
November 15th, 2007, 03:48 PM
I didn't get my coupon yet. Does it say on the coupon "...this offer excludes Mesa etc.etc....", it usually does. I'm GASing pretty bad for one of them Mesa Express 5:25s.:messedup:

Sorry but it does exclude Mesa/Boogie. Bummer.

Adrian30
November 15th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Thank you for response, Tone.

sunvalleylaw
November 15th, 2007, 04:57 PM
How do you get on the list? I have made one purchase there, the Toneport, at significant discount, but apparently did not get on the list.

fastfoot
November 24th, 2007, 09:35 PM
I used mine on a Ibanez tube screamer pedal - saved 20 bucks.

tot_Ou_tard
November 24th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Played one once...I loved it.

I had a coupon, but there was nothing that I wanted from GC that would overcome my disinterest in Black Friday.

tunghaichuan
November 24th, 2007, 10:08 PM
I had a coupon, but there was nothing that I wanted from GC that would overcome my disinterest in Black Friday.

Ditto. Got the coupon, couldn't bring myself to leave the house on Friday. Just not a crowds person :(

tung

Adrian30
November 24th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Well, I got the coupon, or should I say the postcard, too. It arrived the next day on the mail (see post above), and I wanted to use it toward my first tube amp. Last Tuesday, wanting to make up my mind before the black Friday, I stopped at GC and tried a bunch of small(er) tube amps, including a Mesa 5:25. Though I haven’t changed my opinion on Mesa, (I love these amps), I wasn’t thrilled with the idea of paying that much for it. Anyway, I ended up falling in love with a Fender Blues Jr. I told the sales guy that I intended to come back on Friday so I can use the 20% discount on it. He gave me the discount right on the spot and I brought the amp home. ;) Needless to say, I spent the Black Friday playing guitar. I’m still in the process of getting to know this little thing, but all I can say so far is: I REALLY LIKE IT. The Boss Blues Driver (BD2) works amazingly well with this amp, and even the, somewhat harsh for my taste, Boss Distortion (DS1) that I haven’t used at all for 4 years, sounds really good through this little box.

So this is my premature Black Friday story.:)

Mark
December 1st, 2007, 01:22 AM
Oh I got it........boy did I get it..................man did I use it...............you betcha you I used it......................Im using it right now.............its sweet sounding..............boy oh boy...........with the discount 2500 out da door........I have wanted one for years and this one is a keeper.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a291/Bigredhog/DLite/07R8-1.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a291/Bigredhog/DLite/DSC01182.jpg
07 Gibby Historic 1958 Lester Pablo

Adrian30
December 1st, 2007, 06:46 AM
Mark, CONGRATS!
That is a keeper, for real.