PDA

View Full Version : Tell us the food you cooked for dinner today?

LagrangeCalvert
November 15th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Me....its DEER CHILI and it was good...

Tell us what you made.

Tone2TheBone
November 15th, 2007, 05:13 PM

Tell us what you made.

Ohio. Must be whitetail deer. Tasty lean stuff that whitetail deer. My favorite comes from Nebraska. That chili sounds delicious.

Tonight we're probably going to have grilled chicken nothing fancy. We didn't cook lunch but we did have the annual Thanksgiving dinner at the school today.

LagrangeCalvert
November 15th, 2007, 05:32 PM
I'm an avid outdoorsman and I love Eating what I catch/kill.... our White tails around here are AWESOME.The Rabbit and Red Squirrel is also very good (I eat those too...I try to eat as natural as I can...with my meats of course) The Largemouth Bass, Bluegill, Small Mouth And Catfish here and in Kentucky where I fish are also tasty...

There is a Variation in the largemouth in the norther Kentucky area called a Kentucky Spotted Bass (just a different strain of largemouth) that is sweeter and firmer when cooked than regular Largemouth.

I will have to post some pics of my catches/kills as long as it doesn't offend anyone.

Tone2TheBone
November 15th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Cool LG. I fish mostly and hunt on occasion. Nice to see someone else adopt the Uncle Ted philosophy of kill it and grill it. :) I'd like to see some of your pics.

Spudman
November 15th, 2007, 05:50 PM
I ran over a pizza so that's what we are having.

pes_laul
November 15th, 2007, 06:03 PM
:thwap: me and crew went on a hunt for spaghetti O's and meatballs

just strum
November 15th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Me, I'm sitting here reading this thread and getting hungy.

I'm the only one home, so I'll probably hit the refrig for some leftovers. When I ate lunch today it was the first time I ate since 2:00 PM Tuesday - I'm hungry.

Guitar Gal
November 15th, 2007, 06:16 PM
I just heated up a can of soup to eat. It was cold here today and soup hit the spot :drool:

GG

M29
November 15th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Spudman says

Ooh pizza road kill, I love it:D

pes_laul, I love that avatar:Dude:

Our firearms hunting season opened today and I am actively trying to rustle up some venison. My family can eat for a good part of one year on one whitetail. Two even better:AOK:

M29

pes_laul
November 15th, 2007, 08:01 PM
speaking of deer at like 8:30 at night (which was like 10 minutes ago) my uncle came here with 8 point buck he just got OoOoOoh i cant wait to smoke it into jerky:drool:

Robert
November 15th, 2007, 08:04 PM
I made chili with a twist - I added BBQ sauce! It tasted great! :AOK:

just strum
November 15th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Well, no leftovers in the refrig. My wife is on her way home and she's picking something up for me. All I will tell you is my doctor will be pissed and I will hate myself in the morning.:nono: :munch: :nono:

Tone2TheBone
November 15th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Well, no leftovers in the refrig. My wife is on her way home and she's picking something up for me. All I will tell you is my doctor will be pissed and I will hate myself in the morning.:nono: :munch: :nono:

Hey Strum I hope you're wiggling that finger for extra exercise and eating that low fat popcorn after your guilty binge you're gonna need it! :eek: ;)

SuperSwede
November 16th, 2007, 12:36 AM
I´m home alone with the kids, so I had a take-away chicken/feta salad...

Tone2TheBone
November 16th, 2007, 12:39 AM
I´m home alone with the kids, so I had a take-away chicken/feta salad...

For breakfast no less. :beer: (Friday morning 0900 or so Swede time Friday - after 2300 US MST Thursday)

SuperSwede
November 16th, 2007, 12:40 AM
For breakfast no less. :beer: (Friday morning 0900 or so Swede time - after 2300 US MST)

Well that was LAST night.. now I am drinking some black coffee :beer:
Its 07:40 here!

Tone2TheBone
November 16th, 2007, 12:47 AM
Well that was LAST night.. now I am drinking some black coffee :beer:
Its 07:40 here!

Oh that's right we lost an hour here due to daylight savings time. I'm drinking a beer ATM. Salud my friend. *burp*...oh excuse me.

SuperSwede
November 16th, 2007, 12:55 AM
Oh that's right we lost an hour here due to daylight savings time. I'm drinking a beer ATM. Salud my friend. *burp*...oh excuse me.

Cheers! Not one of those light beers I hope!

sunvalleylaw
November 16th, 2007, 08:18 AM
Last night I got home on the late side from work, and my wife, and middle son were having there piano/keyboard lessons, and my wife had made a simple dinner of home made baked chicken nuggets with some breading and seasonings, home thin sliced Idaho potato "chips" with a little olive oil then baked in the oven, and some nice homemade tomato vegetable noodle soup. Then I got to have a couple Deschutes Brewery (Bend, OR) JubleAles. A Holiday favorite! Watched a little Gray's Anatomy and ER with my wife after the kids were down for bed, and played through my headphones and the Toneport during commercials and after the shows were over. A nice night!

Jimi75
November 16th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Fish!

Tone2TheBone
November 16th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Sun I didn't know you were married. I thought you were divorced.

Fish is on fare tonight. My special grilled Salmon dish mmmmmmm.

sunvalleylaw
November 16th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Sun I didn't know you were married. I thought you were divorced.

Fish is on fare tonight. My special grilled Salmon dish mmmmmmm.

Nah, Rob. Been married since the mid 90's! Married life for anyone has its ups and downs and is not always easy, but I am pleased to say I love her as much as ever and consider her my closest friend and companion. Grilled salmon! Yum!! That is pretty close to this Puget Sound native's favorite dinner!

Brian Krashpad
November 16th, 2007, 10:52 AM
I have no idea what I had last night, I remember making a hot dog for my son (he only eats a few different things: hot dogs, peanut butter and honey sandwiches, pizza, popcorn, chicken nuggets, cereal, and pasta with pesto sauce), my daughter is a vegetarian so she often gets her own meals ands did so last night.

Tonight we'll probably have pizza since we often do that on Fridays.

Bloozcat
November 16th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Last night I made kind of a Mexican chicken dish.

I started with a battering made with Masa, which is a fine white corn flour. To that I added some garlic powder, salt, black pepper, cumin, and a bit of chili powder. I then mixed up some egg and milk. I dipped the thin chicken cutlets in the egg/milk and then into the Masa mix, back into the egg/milk, and then the Masa again. I then fried the cutlrets to a golden brown in olive oil.

I mixed up two cans of medium-hot Rotel tomatoes with spices with two cans of diced tomatoes with onions. To that I added some fresh cilantro. I let this simmer while I fried the chicken.

I spread some of the Rotel tomato mix in the bottom of a baking dish (actually two large baking dishes), layed the chicken cutlets in the dishes, and covered them with the rest of the Rotel tomato mix. I then smothered the whole thing with extra sharp cheddar cheese, and baked it in the oven for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

It turned out great. Like most of the things I cook, it started out as an idea without a recipe. I just thought out the ingredients I wanted to use and just put it all together. I was looking for something different from the usual wheat flour battering, and the Masa was a really good choice. It added a nice corn flavor to the whole dish and the additional fresh cilantro really piqued the flavor as well.

Bloozcat
November 16th, 2007, 11:28 AM

Tell us what you made.

I'm with you there LC....this is on my schedule for the weekend. Nothing like a slow simmered (all day) DEER CHILI. Kill it and grill it. From nature's bounty to our table. Nothing like it...

I may have to batter and deep fry some backstrap while I'm at it too...mmm..mmm, good. :)

Tone2TheBone
November 16th, 2007, 11:41 AM
A friend of mine used to go back home to Nebraska every year during huntin' season and bring home 2 whitetail deer. The backstraps on those babies were the best I've ever eaten. Nothing like corn fed whitetail!