PDA

View Full Version : Fender clinics

ted s
November 17th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Hey folks, we briefly mentioned these last week.
I had the opportunity to attend a Fender/Hal Leonard clinic last night hosted by our local Long and Mcquade featuring Greg Koch ,Reggie Hamilton and Tom Brechtlein. It was THE best time I have had in a while. These guys are fantastic players that kept us entertained with amazing skills and Greg's usual sculldugery and antics that can be seen on his DVDs and Youtube.
They were late getting in due to airport hastles so a few L & M guys stepped up and played for the first half hour. They also were fantastic.
It went for about 4 hours, there was swag, coupons for in store discount, discussion on the Hal Leonard method books and of course, a demo of the VG Strat, Reggie Hamilton sig.bass and other Fender products.
I would have payed money to attend this, but it was all FREE.

If you get a chance to go to one, take it !

Robert
November 17th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Wow, that sounds awesome. Those boys can PLAY!

I hope they come to Edmonton so I can go see them! I sure wouldn't mind paying for it either.

duhvoodooman
November 17th, 2007, 09:46 AM
VERY cool! :AOK: :AOK: :AOK: Man, I'd love to go to one of those! Great trio there, and I just love Koch's wild sense of humor.....

sunvalleylaw
November 17th, 2007, 09:49 AM
I didn't know those existed. I'll have to keep my eyes open to see if they come to Boise. Sounds like it would certainly be worth a short road trip.

Jimi75
November 17th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Arrgh, had I known that you will see Greg you could have send yome greeting from me to him!!!!

I had a great time with Greg playing shows together at the Fender booth in 2002.

Hell, this guy is agreat player and he is funny as hell as well!

ted s
November 17th, 2007, 12:20 PM
yes, funny hilarious guy. Afterwards he did the meet and greet. Thanked him for a great show, autograph and handshake, the guy is a frign. giant !

just strum
November 18th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Did anyone check to see if there was a posted schedule of when and where these events take place? I looked, although admittedly half hearted effort and could not find any type of listing. I certainly would like to attend one.

sunvalleylaw
November 18th, 2007, 09:55 PM
I checked it out, and there was a listing on the Fender site. I googled Fender Hal Leonard clinic and it popped up. The current tour is all in Canada, however. I did not see a way to get on a mailing list.

Tone2TheBone
November 18th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Wow that would have been pretty cool I would love to check that out if that ever happened around here.

ted s
November 19th, 2007, 06:19 AM
http://www.gregkoch.com/

keep an eye under clinics and dates, there are 2 coming up in Wisc.