PDA

View Full Version : Another Washburn Forum Invader

bigoldron
November 17th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Hey, guys! I'd like to introduce myself. I'm a good ol' boy from SW Georgia and another Washburn Forum Invader. I was invited by my good friend mrmudcat to join your forum. It looks pretty cool without any jerks or others with a point to prove. It's good to see of my Washburn friends over here!

I am (according to my 2 daughters) an old fart, 46 in fact. I play mostly Southern Rock, Classic Rock (Doobies, Sabbath, Trower, etc.) and recently, I've gotten into Contemporary Christian. I'm a computer tech in our local school system where my wife teaches.

My guitars are a late 80's Telecaster (MIJ from what I can tell), a Washburn WI64DL (my favorite), a Washburn House of Blues electric, a Washburn G30 acoustic, a Yamaha 115 strat copy, and a Silvertone Bass. (OK, so I buy mostly cheap guitars). My main amp is a Crate GLX65 that handles pretty much all my needs.

Anyway, I'm glad to join you guys and hope to make some new friends here! :D :Dude:

Robert
November 17th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Warm Welcome bigoldron! We love our Washburner invaders.

duhvoodooman
November 17th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Cool! Another Washout! Glad to have you here, Ron. And, BTW, 46 is just hitting your stride!! Now, 56, that's when things get tough! Take it from a real old fart! ;)

Spudman
November 17th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Welcome.
If can find the time I'd love it if you could post a moss photo. I used to live in Savannah and kind of miss that moss.

warren0728
November 17th, 2007, 09:48 AM
welcome bigoldron....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww :pancake

note: this welcome copyrighted 2007...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

sunvalleylaw
November 17th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Welcome! I am right behind you at 45 and love it here. I am sure you will too. Thanks for joining and introducing yourself.

just strum
November 17th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Ron, welcome to the forum, I think you are really going to like it here. I ventured over from the W forum and was like the second one to come over, but since then a number have joined so you will recognize some of the names. If Mudcat recommended that you come over, I know you will be a good addition.:AOK:

In my short time here I've seen no one out to prove a point, only people that wanted to share info and have an enjoyable time.

R.B. Huckleberry
November 17th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Washburn makes a good guitar, and a Washburn fan is a-okay in my book! My local Mom & Pop has a Pilsen model that I absolutely love! Root Beer finish...Duncan pickups...:drool:

Welcome aboard!

bigoldron
November 17th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys! Muddy told me you were a pretty cool bunch.

Hey, Spudman:

Welcome.
If can find the time I'd love it if you could post a moss photo. I used to live in Savannah and kind of miss that moss.

I'll get you a moss photo. It'll take me a few days as it's not as prevalent here as it is in Savannah. Either way, I bet you don't miss the redbugs/chiggers that live in the moss...

M29
November 17th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Welcome bigoldron :AOK:

M29

mrmudcat
November 17th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Well glad ya made it first one is on me:beer:
:crazyguy:

tot_Ou_tard
November 17th, 2007, 05:52 PM
& the 2nd on me :beer::AOK:

Spudman
November 17th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Hey, Spudman:

Either way, I bet you don't miss the redbugs/chiggers that live in the moss...

Is that what those were?:eek: All I can remember is that they go good with Pixie Stix.

YerDugliness
November 17th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Good to see you on this side, too, BigOlRon!

This really is a great forum--lots more topics than available on the Washburn site, but I notice they tolerate off-topic stuff a bit less. That's OK by me--there are so many cool boards here, there's always a place to discuss most anything.

One thing I would mention to you is the "Have You Heard.....?" board. It's just chock full of real great musical turn-ons. I start my day every day with a quick check of the newest posts--always something interesting there!

Oh, yeah, Shiner has naked tractor guy pics here, too--I see WW has already alluded to the pancake pics--stick around and you'll find out what that's all about.

It's OK to be a bad boy here, too--they'll tolerate it, b/c they seem to be bad boys (and gals, too--GG is here!!) too. Enjoy!

[Edit--Oh, yeah, at 59 I've got you beat out for the OldGuy gig!]

Dugly :cool:

pes_laul
November 17th, 2007, 09:45 PM
welcome aboard dude:AOK:

oldguy
November 18th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Welcom to TheFret, BigOlRon, glad you joined us!!:beer:

[Edit--Oh, yeah, at 59 I've got you beat out for the OldGuy gig!]

Dugly :cool:

Yes, you do, and the gig is next Sat. at the Beaumont Club in K.C., and you need to show up around 7:00 p.m. We have to set up our gear before we play, from 9 to midnight. Pays $40 per person. If I'm not there at 7 sharp, go ahead and carry in the P.A. equipment and drums, and you can set it up if you don't mind....:rotflmao:

oldguy

wingsdad
November 18th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Yo, Ron...Glad M'cat tuned you in. :) You'll dig the wide open spaces & absence of royalty here.

Y'aint that old, dude. 57 here.

luvmyshiner
November 18th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Hey Ron, good to see ya' aboard brother!

snarph
November 18th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Hey aint notin wrong with cheap or economical equipment

Take your shoes off and stay a wile

Brian Krashpad
November 19th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Welcome Ron, I'm right down I-75 a piece, in Gainesville, Florida.

Cheers.

Guitar Gal
November 20th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Good to see you again BigOldRon :AOK: Glad you could make it!

GG

bigoldron
December 6th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys (and gals too!)! It's good to see some familiar faces along with hopefully a few new friends! :) :Dude:

Brian Krashpad
December 6th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys (and gals too!)! It's good to see some familiar faces along with hopefully a few new friends! :) :Dude:

It just occurred to me that I could, but I promise not to refer to you as "B.O. Ron!"

:AOK: