PDA

View Full Version : squier value= going up

pie_man_25
November 17th, 2007, 07:15 PM
is it just me, or has squier REALLY improved over the past few years?
I remember a year and a half ago when I wanted a good replacement for my tele copy, and all the squiers I played I just couldn't stand, but bringing my bass into the shop in october, I spent some time playing a few squiers, and the affinity tele I just found hard to put down! the neck pickup was just a little muddy, but nothing you couldn't adjust, and the look of the butterscotch blonde was just AMAZING, I found that the vintage modified P-bass was great too, the feel was great, the strings were brand new and needed some breaking in before the tone could be really heard, and the body was too light and neck heavy, but otherwise great, has anybody else noticed this?

Spudman
November 17th, 2007, 07:50 PM
That Tele you played is really the gem in the Affinity series. Every one that I have played has been a keeper. They all sound and play good. They are pretty toneful for a light guitar, but that's a good thing because they won't make your shoulder sore playing all night.

Another good affinity is the sunburst Strat. They have to use good alder on those because of the see through finish - same for that Tele.

One thing to remember is that even though they have improved considerably you still will find dogs in the mix. Yet for the most part they are getting their stuff together on the entry level market.

pes_laul
November 17th, 2007, 09:36 PM
I know the newer affinity series I really enjoy to play> I know the ones from 86' and up were pretty decent. Pie how much did it go for?

pie_man_25
November 19th, 2007, 02:41 PM
/\ about $175

robert43
November 20th, 2007, 03:46 AM
By what all of the music shops in my area they say its a real hit & miss with Squirer they remmond buy the guitar you have tried because the 1 in the box can be very diffrent .
A freind of mine said the same thing he went to buy a strat for his brither tried 1 liked it go a new 1 in the box & said it was not good at all , in the end he ended up getting the demo 1 a lot better in quality.

tremoloman
November 23rd, 2007, 08:18 AM
The new modified series models are almost as much as a standard Strat, but they feel of might higher quality. The neck on a $299 Squier I played a few months ago was as good as any I've played or owned - honestly.

Great stuff!