PDA

View Full Version : Gift Suggestion for Strat Lovers

wingsdad
November 18th, 2007, 11:43 AM
'Santa' scored this yesterday to put under The Christmas Tree with my name on it:
The Fender Stratocaster Handbook (http://www.voyageurpress.com/Store/ProductDetails_36361.ncm)
Sure beats another bottle of after shave...

just strum
November 18th, 2007, 05:11 PM
So this is sort of like what came first, the chicken or the egg?

Should someone like me (no real strat) buy a strat and have the need to buy the book, or do I buy the book and build up the GAS to buy the strat?

These and so many other dilemmas can come from frequenting this forum. Yet, we continue to come back.

So Wingsdad, how is that strat of yours doing:drool: ? Haven't heard much from you, so I hope it's because you are too busy with all those guitars and not a case of working too hard (yuck :puke: )

wingsdad
November 18th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Strum,
Had more computer issues past week, with the cable modem going bad right after our little 2 computer home neetwork's gateway router took a dump.

With all that crap to deal with, following having to bid farwell to our cat, little time to play any guitars, let alone the '62 RI.

As for the book...it's got a lot on how to tinker with them, but best is how to tell the different breeds & vintages apart. That stuff might induce GAS...in any case, it shows how brilliant and enduring the original design of the Strat was/is.

Born2Run
December 4th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Very cool. It's these sorts of books where even if I learn one little thing that helps, even from a large book, seems worth it to me.

Big_Rob
December 4th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Ive got that book when I was changing pickups, Its good to a point. The author leaves out the MIM Strat and only makes mention of a Squire Strat thats made in Mexico.

.overdrive_rewind
December 6th, 2007, 11:46 PM
I've seen a book similar to this, but for Tele's. Still, it was a good read. I might check this one out as well.