PDA

View Full Version : Making The Loop

Tim
November 18th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Hello Fretters! My wife and I left St. Augustine, Florida last Tuesday 11/13/07. We spent 3 days in Ft. Walton Beach, Florida visiting her folks.

On Friday I dove 18 hours all the way to Norfolk, Virginia. I will never drive over 10 hours again. I am getting to old for that. During our stay in Norfolk, we stayed with my son who is in the Navy and stationed aboard the aircraft carrier USS George Washington. In February he leaves for a 3 year tour of Italy.

Tomorrow we head out to our final destination - Pittsburgh, PA. I will check in with the board in a few days.

Happy strumming.

Algonquin
November 18th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Hey Homeless Tim... glad to hear you made it safely.

Good idea to cut down on the hours driving...

'Better 5 minutes late in this world, than 5 minutes early in the next'

:AOK:

Robert
November 18th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Hey Tim, glad to hear an update! 10 hour drive? That's nothing! 2 years ago we drove from Camrose to Portland and back - 1,600 km or 1000 miles x 2, but I loved the whole trip. Great fun if you have a big roomy mini-van and good company (we went with another couple).

But yeah, 18 hours straight is kinda crazy! :spank:

sunvalleylaw
November 18th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Hi Tim! Thanks for the update. Drive safely!

Jimi75
November 19th, 2007, 04:49 AM
Hey Tim,

I hope you had good music on board.

By the way, when we were visiting my grandparents in Sicily/Italy, we drove 2500km with a whole familiy in a small car. And that was in the 70s when things like air condition were "future music".

All the best for your son!

R_of_G
November 19th, 2007, 06:52 AM
When my parents still lived in NJ, I'd drive 19 hours from Florida to visit. Often if I was making the trip by myself I would do the whole thing in one shot. I found that as long as I had enough good music to listen to I could make it a fun trip [and that was way before the advent of iPods]. Nowadays, I have a hard time driving the much shorter 4 hours to see them where they live now. I suppose I am getting too old for long road trips.