PDA

View Full Version : My Vox impressions

Radioboy950
November 19th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Guys, I am so glad I gave VOX another try, after having trouble right out of the box with my first AD50VT 112 combo. My replacement arrived the other day and I have been jamming non-stop, dialing in a tone after tone. The first one shipped to me had a faulty input jack and seemed a bit noisy. This replacement is quieter.

I am getting wonderful sounds with my Tele in particular. There seems to be a lot of bottom end with this amp, striking a nice balance when playing the brighter single coils.
A few of the effects are very usable, including reverb, chorus & delay. I really have no need for the rest.

After some experimenting with the model/effect configurations, I have found my “sweet spot”, and basically use it as a conventional two channel amp (also bought the optional footswitch).

Clean channel is set to the 4X10 Tweed model.
Overdrive channel is a setting I found on Valvetronix.net. It’s a punchy rock setting, reminiscent of vintage Marshall. And the louder the better!! This setting also cleans up nicely simply by rolling back the guitar volume.

All in all, I really like this amp, the price is right, and we’ll just have to wait and see about long-term reliability.

TS808
November 22nd, 2007, 07:52 AM
I own a Vibrolux and a Bluesbreaker clone, both of which have great tone, but I can't see myself getting rid of my AD50VT 212. The tones are that good. The Valvetronix amps get knocked alot for being digital, etc., but they sound alot better than many tube amps I've played through.

What also impresses me about the AD50VT is it takes pedals real well. I put my BOSS Me-50 in front of it set to the Bassman, with the big muff, fuzz face, and Tubescreamer settings on, and the amp just sounded dynamic with some really nice harmonics.

I put Celestion G12 Neos in mine and it made the amp even more alive.

It's a versatile amp with some pretty good tones..not to be overlooked!