PDA

View Full Version : run for your lives!

warren0728
March 9th, 2006, 10:12 AM
thought i would give you fretters fair warning!....i have started playing with garage band and have managed to import a couple of backing tracks...and have successfully recorded over the backing track with my guitar (through the vox line out) and am experimenting with different amp sounds and such (using Amplitude). I might even record something for the board this weekend!

Anyway back to work.....you have been warned!

ww :D

duhvoodooman
March 9th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Hey, Warren, if my two clips haven't scared 'em all off, then they must be a truly fearless bunch around here! ;)

aeolian
March 9th, 2006, 01:12 PM
I do home recording for fun and have been considering getting an AD30VT for that purpose (I currently use an amp simulator). I haven't committed yet because of the concern about how the lineout sounds on the amp. I'm looking forward to hearing your recordings as that can help me make my decision.

Tim
March 9th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Ok Warren, you may have ignited my curiosity to do the same. I am planning on attempting to try out my V-Amp2 into my computer and trying the Audacity program that Justaguy and Tremoloman have discussed.

I do not know if I am ready to shock the world with my soloing just yet. I want to get a few practice sessions under my finger tips first. You have what it takes man. I hope to follow soon.

warren0728
March 9th, 2006, 01:52 PM
yeah tim, i am with you on the more practice...i just want to see if i can get actually get the tracks layed down and saved out to an mp3.

As far as having what it takes...lets see how tough these fretters really are! Let the recording begin!

ww

SuperSwede
March 9th, 2006, 02:22 PM
aolian, the Vox Tonelab would be better for you if you plan on doing home recordings...

And Warren, I look forward to hear some of your recordings! I have a few drops left of the "Real Deal" (a.k.a Bowmore 18years old) for that moment.. :)

warren0728
March 9th, 2006, 02:27 PM
i think you are going to need more than a few drops :D

i've got a sore throat....might have to finish off my highland park 12 year (for medicinal purposes)....then i'll have an excuse to go find some Bowmore 18!

ww

SuperSwede
March 9th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Ahhh, medicinal purposes... I think I am beginning to feel a little ill...hmm, perhaps I should consult my *ahem* medical cabinet. ;)

aeolian
March 9th, 2006, 02:54 PM
SuperSwede, thanks for the tonelab suggestion. Like I mentioned I currently record through an amp simulator and it's been working great for me. My real amp is starting to die on me, so I'm looking for an actual amp and the AD30VT sounds like a perfectly good little amp. I figured that if I can also use it directly for recording, even better. That's why I'm particularly interested in actual recordings using the AD30VT lineout.

I read from another discussion board a player who experimented with both mic'ing and recording from lineout of the AD30 and thought the lineout was actually perferrable. I also read about someone who wired a jack in parallel with the speaker wires and feed that through a mixer, then to the recording device.

Sounds like there are several ways to go about it. I just may have to bite the bullet and get an AD30 and try out the various options.