PDA

View Full Version : another Washie crossover

Childbride
November 19th, 2007, 07:01 PM
hello everyone! it's good to be here. i'm Shiner's wife; he's referred to me in public this way [my 'handle'] since we were married [no joke] so this was my forum name 'over there'... and i keep it now. i'm kimmie to my friends. :D

i've been playing since... well, i picked it up a year ago, put it down for a few months b/c i got overwhelmed and thought i couldn't do it, but have seriously been playing since feb and taking lessons since the first week in june.

i look forward to sharing with all of you!

just strum
November 19th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Hello CB, glad to see you made it over (maybe you can get shiner to stop posting his naked pictures). I'm sure you've monitored long enough to know they got a nice place here and I think you will enjoy it. A lot of very knowledgeable people, it's like a big room of mudcats, dreadmans and wingsdads (to all of the regulars I refer to, that is meant as a big compliment).

Well, I'll let everyone say "hey" and give you there customary warm welcome.

Robert
November 19th, 2007, 07:32 PM
A warm "Hey!" goes out to you, CB! Glad to have you here!

mrmudcat
November 19th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Welcome C.B!! Great bunch of peeps here fo-sure:beer:

tot_Ou_tard
November 20th, 2007, 06:52 AM
Yippee! The infamous Child Bride!

Welcome!

Brian Krashpad
November 20th, 2007, 07:22 AM
Welcome Kimmie!

My wife's name is Kim too, when she lived in Hawaii as a child they called her Kimi (only one M; I guess a Hawaiian thing, though she's a haolie).

Always nice to have some womenfolk around.

Spudman
November 20th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Kim, Kimmie, Kimarino, Kimster, Kimalimidingdong. Welcome to our insanity and by your introduction you are hereby sworn to secrecy. If someone mentions getting a piece of gear behind their spouse's back you can say nothing...or...you will be forever subject to pancake making and tractor photos for the rest of your days.:)

Tone2TheBone
November 20th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Welcome to the Fret. :)

duhvoodooman
November 20th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Well, the legendary Child Bride has arrived! Welcome to TheFret, Kimmie. We're mostly guys here, but pretty much harmless, other than trying to talk you into buying gear you probably don't need.... ;) :D

SuperSwede
November 20th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Welcome! :)

ted s
November 20th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Welcome CB Kim

Childbride
November 20th, 2007, 05:45 PM
gee, thanks guys, for all the warm welcomes! :)

spudman, no worries there. i'm one of the ones that believes that not only should shiner be free to buy a new guit whenever he wants to, but that holidays and birthdays are the perfect times to build on our stable of axes! :D so it follows, of course, i promise, sworn to secrecy! ;)

brian, my mother's husband is from hawaii!

strum... you've known both of us way too long to think i could POSSIBLY stop my husband from gaffing in public :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

thanks to all of you, again!

Guitar Gal
November 20th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Nice to see you here CB :beer: Always good to have another female fretter to add to the mix :DR

Looking forward to hearing more from you :Dude:

GG

Childbride
November 20th, 2007, 06:55 PM
thanks GG!

good to hear from you! :Dude:

k

M29
November 20th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Welcome aboard Childbride:AOK:

M29

warren0728
November 20th, 2007, 07:30 PM
welcome Childbride....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww :pancake

note: this welcome copyrighted 2007...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

warren0728
November 20th, 2007, 07:31 PM
i'm one of the ones that believes that not only should shiner be free to buy a new guit whenever he wants to, but that holidays and birthdays are the perfect times to build on our stable of axes!
ok...i have to ask....got any sisters? :D

ww

just strum
November 20th, 2007, 08:01 PM
ok...i have to ask....got any sisters? :D

ww

:rotflmao:

Childbride
November 20th, 2007, 08:28 PM
wow! the infamous warren! shiner says i shouldn't let you make me any pancakes! :pancake

i have one sister and one brother; i love them both dearly but we are all completely different people. and neither of them play guitar. :whatever:

warren0728
November 20th, 2007, 08:38 PM
wow! the infamous warren! shiner says i shouldn't let you make me any pancakes! :pancake

i have one sister and one brother; i love them both dearly but we are all completely different people. and neither of them play guitar. :whatever:
shiner is a wise man....my pancakes are good....but i can't make them for married types!! :pancake :rotflmao:

ww

YerDugliness
November 20th, 2007, 08:56 PM
CB!!! Fancy meeting you here--it really is a small world, isn't it?

Good to see you made the jump, too. I can assure you Shiner has been good, well, except for that one photo, and that one time he........uh-oh!!

Anyway, join in the fun, you'll enjoy it here, too. One of the things I usually mention to the newbies is the "Have You Heard" board--I start my day every day with this, it's a great way to hear about new talent, topics, etc. Some of my faves have been discovered right at the top of this forum.

Well, gal, it should be obvious all us Washies are glad to see you here, too.

Yeah, beware of Warren's pancake issues :whatever: !

Dugly :cool:

Childbride
November 20th, 2007, 09:08 PM
thanks, Dug, i'll check it out.

good to see you, friend!:D

wingsdad
November 20th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Hey, there, CB :) Good to c ya here. :AOK:

Childbride
November 21st, 2007, 06:17 AM
thanks Wingsdad!

and to all my new [and 'crossover' friends!]

HAPPY THANKSGIVING HOLIDAYS!

may you be with friends and loved ones and have a wonderfully memorable time!

k

bigoldron
November 21st, 2007, 07:56 AM
Welcome aboard, CB! Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone else here on the forum! :R :AOK: :Dude:

luvmyshiner
November 21st, 2007, 04:34 PM
Um . . . hey CB?? Welcome aboard??:D Thanks for making my lovely bride feel so welcome y'all. Now if you'll excuse me, she tells me I'm making salmon for supper.:messedup:

just strum
November 21st, 2007, 05:11 PM
Um . . . hey CB?? Welcome aboard??:D Thanks for making my lovely bride feel so welcome y'all. Now if you'll excuse me, she tells me I'm making salmon for supper.:messedup:

I see you two have met.

luvmyshiner
November 21st, 2007, 05:53 PM
I see you two have met.

Once or twice.:D Is that another one of those anachronism thingies I keep hearing from my clients? Like, "talkin''" or "creepin'", or my personal favorite, "knockin' boots"?

Adrian30
November 21st, 2007, 07:48 PM
Welcome CB, great to have you here!

Now you need an avatar.:)

oldguy
November 21st, 2007, 08:27 PM
Welcome to TheFret.Net! Glad you joined us here!:beer:

pes_laul
November 21st, 2007, 09:13 PM
i'm one of the ones that believes that not only should shiner be free to buy a new guit whenever he wants to, but that holidays and birthdays are the perfect times to build on our stable of axes!

All hail the The enlightened one:D(robert we need a bowing down smilie:) I have never seen anyone act so cooly when their husband wants to buy some new gear:Dude:

mrmudcat
November 21st, 2007, 09:40 PM
Hey ive got a cool angel(alice) also!!!! :drool:

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/8117/aliceay2.jpg

The mother of my 3 boys and my saviour! :DR

just strum
November 21st, 2007, 10:00 PM
I remember you posting a pic of Alice and she still is a beautiful lady, but I guess I don't have to remind you of that. Those kids and that lady give you a lot to be thankful for.

mrmudcat
November 21st, 2007, 11:31 PM
Fo-Sho brother.......she slayed the hell-hounds:flamemad: haunting me:Dude:

Childbride
November 21st, 2007, 11:48 PM
y'all are awfully sweet, and i appreciate it!:D

the guitar lesson went AWESOMELY today [my lessons are wed nights], and i got a new song to play. i'm learning old country and bluegrass songs for a little monthly event that we go to in Pearl, Texas.

but the only thing that has my focus right now [the guitars are put away for the night] is that my son-by-proxy is home for the holidays, and nothing else matters. i'm about the happiest i get, unless i get both young adults are at home at the same time.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL MY GUITAR PLAYING FRIENDS!!!