PDA

View Full Version : Vacation in Greece!

SuperSwede
November 20th, 2007, 10:05 AM
My family will probably take a short vacation sometime in May. We want to go to Greece, probably Crete, but we saw a really nice ad for the town of Pargas and I would like to ask our greek friends about that town and the region. Also, what kind of weather could we expect in May?
I´m also interested to hear about other nice places in Greece!

Tone2TheBone
November 20th, 2007, 10:37 AM
My family will probably take a short vacation sometime in May. We want to go to Greece, probably Crete, but we saw a really nice ad for the town of Pargas and I would like to ask our greek friends about that town and the region. Also, what kind of weather could we expect in May?
I´m also interested to hear about other nice places in Greece!

Ohpah! Have a good time buddy.

SuperSwede
November 20th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Ohpah! Have a good time buddy.

I hope! We love greek food and their wine is not half bad either :-)

abraxas
November 20th, 2007, 11:21 AM
I hope! We love greek food and their wine is not half bad either :-)

C'mon.

Our wine is the best in the world. :rotflmao:

Parga is beautiful, you won't regret it. I'm sure Elias will log in after a while to throw in his vote!

My father was originally from Kavala, so I would suggest Kavala and the nearby island of Thasos as well. You will enjoy excellent sea food and other delicacies and you can rent a car, use Kavala as a base and visit other nearby cities and villages as well.

Weather in May is usually sweet and sunny and many people start swimming at the second half of the month. In northern Greece, nights can be a bit chilly so have that in mind. Not that you'd have a problem being from Sweden! :)

In any case, drop me a note when you come here! :D

SuperSwede
November 20th, 2007, 12:05 PM
C'mon.

Parga is beautiful, you won't regret it. I'm sure Elias will log in after a while to throw in his vote!

My father was originally from Kavala, so I would suggest Kavala and the nearby island of Thasos as well. You will enjoy excellent sea food and other delicacies and you can rent a car, use Kavala as a base and visit other nearby cities and villages as well.

Weather in May is usually sweet and sunny and many people start swimming at the second half of the month. In northern Greece, nights can be a bit chilly so have that in mind. Not that you'd have a problem being from Sweden! :)

In any case, drop me a note when you come here! :D

I will do that, perhaps we can have a Fretnet gathering somewhere in Greece :)

stingx
November 21st, 2007, 07:49 PM
You'll have a great time. I spend a few weeks in Greece last year. Did the touristy stuff first to get it out of the way - Delphi, Parthenon, etc. My favorite part was Naxos and Santorini. The food was incredibly good and so was the wine. I plan to go back to do a few more islands. I met some very nice people from around the globe at the various places we stayed and we still keep in touch. Enjoy!

Here's where we stayed in Naxos - http://www.kavos-naxos.com/
Great villa.

SuperSwede
November 22nd, 2007, 01:04 AM
I came home to a huge pile of catalogs last night, and it seems like the island of Rhodos is the no:1 favorite at the moment.

SuperSwede
November 26th, 2007, 12:43 AM
Apparently my wife did a 180 and finally we decided where to travel. We´re going to Cyprus, late april / early may. So anyone want to join up? Bring you guitar :)

tot_Ou_tard
November 26th, 2007, 01:12 AM
C'mon.

You are not refering to retsina are you?

I've tried *that* & if I want to drink a tree I'll just stab one & guzzle ;).

SS, I suggest you bring some akavitt (aquavit) to cleanse the taste of pine ;).