PDA

View Full Version : Library Strumming Pattern

djmcconnell
November 20th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Anyone know of some good sites that have audio/video demos of strumming patterns? Mine are getting stale.

just strum
November 20th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Good question, I was just thinking about this over the weekend.

If I come across something I will let you know and I will be keeping an eye on this thread.

Edit: When you say yours are getting old, what level would you grade your guitar skills? How many patterns do you use now? I'm searching for some sites, but not knowing where you are (level) it's hard to determine what you might benefit from.

djmcconnell
November 21st, 2007, 12:05 AM
Since I'm nowhere near where I want to be, I'm probably tougher in my assessment, but I would say I'm intermediate or just a little beyond.

I probably have about 8-10 strumming patterns that I default to, though I can mimic a pattern from a recording. I'm just looking for a site(s) that has a number of sound or audio clips and maybe even notation for the patterns for some inspiration.

I'll do some additional searching myself and post some results. I look forward to hearing from you or others on this.

Kazz
December 9th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Well I only have like 2.....Can you guys post the ones that you already have so ole kazz can catch up a bit?

tot_Ou_tard
December 9th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Yes, yes! We want strumming patterns!

just strum
December 9th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Hey guys, I had a couple and I thought I put them in favorites, but guess what...

I checked (Google) and saw some beginner sites, but I know there are some better out there. If I recall I had to try a couple of different search wordings before I hit the right one.

So because it's you guys, I will look again, but not right now.:AOK:

.overdrive_rewind
December 10th, 2007, 09:18 AM
I don't have any sites, but I would recommend trying strumming along to some different time signatures, 6/8, 5/8, 3/4, 5/4, etc. etc. and then see how well you can fit those patterns into 4/4. If you get what I'm saying.