PDA

View Full Version : Explain this sticker

Spudman
November 21st, 2007, 12:33 PM
Explain this sticker found on the back of a Peavey Chinese Tele copy.
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/Guitars/SpudSteves001.jpg

WackyT
November 21st, 2007, 12:45 PM
Don't throw away?

Looks like a garbage bin to me.

duhvoodooman
November 21st, 2007, 12:50 PM
Don't throw away?

Looks like a garbage bin to me.
Yep, that's right.

Seems like a funny sticker to put on a guitar. Maybe the quality is so bad they figure that throwing the guitar away is likely to be your first thought! :D

Adrian30
November 21st, 2007, 02:26 PM
Funny you posted this Spud. I've been noticing same stickers on guitars and amps and wanted to start a thread just like this one.

tunghaichuan
November 21st, 2007, 02:46 PM
It probably means: "This guitar is covered in lead-based paint. Do not contaminate the land fill by throwing it away." :rotflmao:

tung

Adrian30
November 21st, 2007, 02:53 PM
It probably means: "This guitar is covered in lead-based paint. Do not contaminate the land fill by throwing it away." :rotflmao:

tung

Good one, Tung.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

WackyT
November 21st, 2007, 02:57 PM

tung

Or even something more deadly. Have you noticed it glowing in the dark?

luvmyshiner
November 21st, 2007, 04:36 PM
I've seen this sticker before. If I remember correctly it has to do with some international trade agreement and does in fact indicate that there are some parts or materials used that cannot be discarded in a landfill (i.e., lead in the solder on the electronics or something?).

luvmyshiner
November 21st, 2007, 04:42 PM
OK, here ya' go. It relates to the European Union (EU), and covers the chemical make-up of all electronic components. Here's where the trashcan sticker comes in: Legally you are not supposed to throw the electronics out, in Europe they are to be returned to the maker for recycling.

Spudman
November 21st, 2007, 05:07 PM
Legally you are not supposed to throw the electronics out, in Europe they are to be returned to the maker for recycling.

Heck, that what Ebay is for. lol:rotflmao:
I was kind of thinking they just wanted you to know that the guitar is not garbage. Play it proudly.
It's on the back of this. Maybe it's made from Chernobyl trees?:D
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/Guitars/tele002.jpg

just strum
November 21st, 2007, 05:15 PM
Heck, that what Ebay is for. lol:rotflmao:
I was kind of thinking they just wanted you to know that the guitar is not garbage. Play it proudly.
It's on the back of this. Maybe it's made from Chernobyl trees?:D

Was there another sticker giving instructions to forward to Aurora Ohio? If not, I can send you one.:)

luvmyshiner
November 21st, 2007, 05:21 PM
Ooooh, good point Strum! Hey Spud, I'm almost certain that guitar is tainted! Fortunately we have a recycle center here in Waco, so if you forward it to me I'll make sure it's . . . um, disposed of properly.:AOK:

duhvoodooman
November 21st, 2007, 05:33 PM
Don't be ridiculous. It would be brash and foolhardy to dispose of this obviously contaminated device without proper chemical analysis. Furtunately, I am a chemist, and THANK GOD I saw this before you followed the reckless advice of these brainless twits. Ship the guitar to me immediately, and rest assured that I will take any & all actions necessary to safeguard our fragile environment, starting by playing several Springsteen tunes with it....

just strum
November 21st, 2007, 05:36 PM
Someone has to always come along and expose the scam.:reallymad:

luvmyshiner
November 21st, 2007, 05:50 PM
Voodoo, don't make me sue you for interference with . . . um, GAS. Plus, I'm relatively certain if I can't release my gas, I'll eventually explode, then CB would have a wrongful death lawsuit against you, not to mention the whole loss of consortium thing.:rotflmao:

Spudman
November 21st, 2007, 06:20 PM
Voodoo, don't make me sue you for interference with . . . um, GAS. Plus, I'm relatively certain if I can't release my gas, I'll eventually explode, then CB would have a wrongful death lawsuit against you, not to mention the whole loss of consortium thing.:rotflmao:

Shiner...this is a sticker thread not a stinker thread.:rotflmao:

ted s
November 21st, 2007, 06:45 PM
you guy's got it all wrong, American garbage comes to Canada, Canadian garbage goes to Michigan. I'll make it easy and handle all the shipping Spud, you don't need to worry about that on top of everything else.

oldguy
November 21st, 2007, 08:50 PM
Nice looking guitar, Spuds. I think you should keep it, record some clips w/ it, and post them back here on the Fret.
The sticker means carry it in a gigbag or hardshell case, garbage cans won't protect it enough, and may make it smell funny.....

Adrian30
November 21st, 2007, 09:18 PM
The sticker means carry it in a gigbag or hardshell case, garbage cans won't protect it enough, and may make it smell funny.....

That's the best possible explanation!:D :D :D :AOK:

Fingers
November 22nd, 2007, 07:19 AM
The sticker means it is a 'Keeper' and you must never get rid of it.............