PDA

View Full Version : Lay off the G.A.S. and show us some A.S.S.

tjcurtin1
November 21st, 2007, 10:27 PM
Nothing to get one's attention like a snappy slogan....

Having at long last made my own paltry contribution to the Fret, I can join the chorus of those exhorting us all to action. Here's my suggestion - forego the purchase of some small object of GASsy passion (like one of those inexpensive pedals you've been eyeing - c'mon, it can wait!) and turn it into some A.S.S - Administrator Solvency Support. Think about everything TheFret provides you - from Steppenwolf to Beowulf, from John Tesh to Gilgamesh, it's all here! (OK, so Beowulf and Tesh have not made an appearance yet as far as I know - but stranger things have happened, just wait!).

Thanks to all of you guys who put this site together and keep it running (special kudos to Robert). And Happy Thanksgiving everyone. :D

Ted #2

Spudman
November 21st, 2007, 10:46 PM
Awesome Ted. Thanks a bunch to you for saying that and thanks to everyone who makes this such a great forum.

Robert
November 22nd, 2007, 08:32 AM
Thanks, Ted, we appreciate the support.

Radioboy950
November 22nd, 2007, 08:51 AM
I'm in....
and Happy Thanksgiving.

This forum really has helped to re-energize my guitar playing:beer:

Robert
November 22nd, 2007, 09:03 AM
Thanks, Radioboy! :AOK:

oldguy
November 23rd, 2007, 04:38 PM
Nothing to get one's attention like a snappy slogan....

Having at long last made my own paltry contribution to the Fret, I can join the chorus of those exhorting us all to action. Here's my suggestion - forego the purchase of some small object of GASsy passion (like one of those inexpensive pedals you've been eyeing - c'mon, it can wait!) and turn it into some A.S.S - Administrator Solvency Support.
Ted #2

+1 Ted#2!:AOK:
(I'm assuming everyone knows with a contribution comes some nice perks on the board, right?:whatever: )

Spudman
November 23rd, 2007, 06:59 PM
+1 Ted#2!:AOK:
(I'm assuming everyone knows with a contribution comes some nice perks on the board, right?:whatever: )

Oh ya. I had forgotten about all the free stuff.:pancake

just strum
November 23rd, 2007, 07:18 PM
Checks in the mail - I wouldn't have recommended the place if I didn't think it was good.

You mean besides pancakes there is other free stuff???

oldguy
November 23rd, 2007, 11:18 PM
Checks in the mail - I wouldn't have recommended the place if I didn't think it was good.

You mean besides pancakes there is other free stuff???

Oh, yeah. :beer:
Folks, if you've missed this up until now, you really should check it out.:AOK:

http://www.thefret.net/announcement.php?f=14