PDA

View Full Version : Feel free to explain me something...

millenium_03
November 22nd, 2007, 08:36 AM
Okay.... That is to Ex-washburn-forum member...
Feel free to explain me by PM or E-mail...

I've noticed that a lot of you are here now. Be confident won't report it to the other place, but just for my own understanding.. What does happen ???
To have that huge migration here... Don't want to do bad talking, don't want to hurt anybody, but it seem like I miss a little something...

As a member of our guitar loving friendship family, for those who know me YOU know you can thrust me. Don't want to bring back anybody... It just that I'm all confuse now !!!

No trash talking about the "other place" PM me or e-mail.... I'll keep it TOP SECRET....

Nobody ask me to join in here... so I hope that I'm welcome with all of you. That is funny because, everyone keep their "nickname"...

Tone2TheBone
November 26th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Huh? :messedup:

Brian Krashpad
November 27th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Huh? :messedup:

I believe he's asking about the origin of the Washburn forum exodus.

Apparently, il est un Quebecois, et Anglais n'est pas sa langue primaire.

His English is a lot better than my very rusty high school French. ;)

bigoldron
November 27th, 2007, 09:07 AM
I emailed him my take on the exodus.

Tone2TheBone
November 27th, 2007, 09:23 AM

Apparently, il est un Quebecois, et Anglais n'est pas sa langue primaire.

His English is a lot better than my very rusty high school French. ;)

..........umm....huh? LMAO ;)

just strum
November 27th, 2007, 11:38 AM
What's a Washburn?

It's a simple answer for me - I like it here better. Not slamming anything or anyone, but this place is better top to bottom.

IMHO

Why are you here?

millenium_03
November 27th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Strum.... I'm here because a lot of friend of me are here (including you). I lurk here and participate to some topics. The main point is that I post an pictures of my guitars so everyone can enjoy it. And the oposite too, I like to look at guitars collection pictures of other GUITARS players whatever forum they use...

hubberjub
November 27th, 2007, 11:51 AM
I must say this is a very friendly site. I joined guitargeek.com about a month and a half ago and nobody would talk to me. They have a newbie page and a month after posting my introduction I had received only one response. I just joined thefret.net yesterday and have already heard from 15 people. Everyone seems to have their ego in check here.

millenium_03
November 27th, 2007, 11:53 AM
You are right about this my friend... just as me, when I log in here.. I've got so MANY welcome, never had as much on any other site... but not a lot of response about my guitars collection topic...

just strum
November 27th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Good reason, so enjoy.

I don't see the need to be concerned about why people are here. There is no oath of loyalty so enjoy both forums.

Oh, one other thing that brought me here - It's not all about Washburn. This is a guitar forum and not sponsored by a specific guitar manufacturer. I understand the reason for the Washburn forum topic, but I like the much more open conversation of all makes of guitars.

I'm learning a lot here and admittedly getting confused a lot. I also have a much more serious case of GAS over here, but I think everyone is experiencing that problem:D

snarph
November 27th, 2007, 12:07 PM
do they know the secret hand signals and watch their eyes to see if they might be spam bots>>>>>>>>>:):):)

duhvoodooman
November 27th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Everyone seems to have their ego in check here.
If you've ever heard most of us actually play the guitar (or attempt to), you'll know why our egos are in check! :eek: :puke: ;)

But even the guys who actually could be cocky about their skills, aren't! :AOK:

bigoldron
November 27th, 2007, 12:27 PM
I won't lie. I'm not that great, but I do have fun doin' it!!! :D :R :Dude:

tot_Ou_tard
November 27th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Yeah, I wondered how the Washburn forum is now that there are so many 'burnies here.

It was fun watching so many interesting new people show up in such a short amount of time.

Millenium, I missed your guitar collection thread.

That often happens if I a miss a day or two as the forum software only shows me the posts from the previous 24 hours when I click new posts. What I would really like to instead are all the posts that I haven't yet read.

Is there a way to do that Robert?

just strum
November 27th, 2007, 05:51 PM
If you've ever heard most of us actually play the guitar (or attempt to), you'll know why our egos are in check! :eek: :puke: ;)

But even the guys who actually could be cocky about their skills, aren't! :AOK:

Good point, that is the reason I had a thread inquiring about skill level. I couldn't really tell what the levels were based on conversation. The more skilled shared and the beginners seem to have learned a lot.

I'm not trying to kiss a$$ (free guitar), but this place really does set itself apart from many of the other forums.

Spudman
November 27th, 2007, 07:19 PM
I'm not trying to kiss a$$ (free guitar), but this place really does set itself apart from many of the other forums.

It's the color scheme. It's bloody brilliant. Warm, friendly and hopefully free guitars will be coming shortly.:munch:

just strum
November 27th, 2007, 07:26 PM
I don't know what it is, but it works.

I think the policy here is

If it ain't broke, don't fix it, just make it better.

I kiss up any more and I'll have something thrown at me and it won't be pancakes.:D

bigoldron
November 27th, 2007, 07:37 PM
I don't know what it is, but it works.

I think the policy here is

If it ain't broke, don't fix it, just make it better.

I kiss up any more and I'll have something thrown at me and it won't be pancakes.:D

OK, picture me throwing something at you.... :crazyguy: :spank: :messedup:

As Zappa said, "shut up and play your guitar."

just strum
November 27th, 2007, 07:48 PM
OK, picture me throwing something at you.... :crazyguy: :spank: :messedup:

As Zappa said, "shut up and play your guitar."

Just giving the guy a response and reasons kept coming to me.

Couldn't play guitar tonight, had to work on the darn computers.

bigoldron
November 27th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Just giving the guy a response and reasons kept coming to me.

Couldn't play guitar tonight, had to work on the darn computers.

Yeah, I know. Can't be angry with a fellow Washburner. I haven't gotten to touch mine today either (guitar that is...) and it ain't looking too good for the rest of the night either. I do the computer thing all day, so this is as much computer work as I'm doin' tonight!

Hey, I'm just glad to have a good forum to go to where a lot my friends and acquaintances are. This Fret.Net seems to be a really cool place. The Washburn forum seems to be going downhill in a hurry. Oh well, life goes on. :Dude:

just strum
November 27th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Yeah, I know. Can't be angry with a fellow Washburner. I haven't gotten to touch mine today either (guitar that is...) and it ain't looking too good for the rest of the night either. I do the computer thing all day, so this is as much computer work as I'm doin' tonight!

Hey, I'm just glad to have a good forum to go to where a lot my friends and acquaintances are. This Fret.Net seems to be a really cool place. The Washburn forum seems to be going downhill in a hurry. Oh well, life goes on. :Dude:

Now you went and done it, I pulled out the Dot. No serious playing time, just noodling:rockon:

tot_Ou_tard
November 27th, 2007, 08:36 PM
It's the color scheme. It's bloody brilliant. Warm, friendly and hopefully free guitars will be coming shortly.:munch:

Man you nailed it Spudzy!

The color scheme is what gives The Fret it's wild n' wooly hang out at the pub n' jam feel.

Robert you need to trademark the scheme before *every* d@mn guitar & incontinance forum steals it ;).

luvmyshiner
November 27th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Robert you need to trademark the scheme before *every* d@mn guitar & incontinance forum steals it ;).

Too late! I already stole the color scheme for this inconti. . . . um, this other forum Strum and I moderate.:cry:

warren0728
November 27th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Too late! I already stole the color scheme for this inconti. . . . um, this other forum Strum and I moderate.:cry:
oh boy...robert will be pissed....sorry couldn't resist! :D

ww

luvmyshiner
November 28th, 2007, 09:02 AM
oh boy...robert will be pissed....sorry couldn't resist! :D

ww

Dude, you just made me snort coffee out my nose! Hey, we should have a little smiley that's snorting coffee out his nose.

tot_Ou_tard
November 28th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Dude, you just made me snort coffee out my nose! Hey, we should have a little smiley that's snorting coffee out his nose.
Yeah! I'd love a coffee nose snorting smiley too

(I'd hate to see the smiley's on that other forum you & Strum moderate :puke: :rotflmao: :puke: ).

luvmyshiner
November 28th, 2007, 06:16 PM
(I'd hate to see the smiley's on that other forum you & Strum moderate :puke: :rotflmao: :puke: ).

They look a lot like this one . . . :puke: only a different part of the body.:messedup:

just strum
November 28th, 2007, 06:37 PM
They look a lot like this one . . . :puke: only a different part of the body.:messedup:

Hey, I converted to Amish, knock it off.

Strum Yoder

Dreadman
December 1st, 2007, 04:17 AM
As a member of our guitar loving friendship family, for those who know me YOU know you can thrust me.See.... now this is just funny. :rotflmao:

oldguy
December 1st, 2007, 07:23 AM
Nobody ask me to join in here... so I hope that I'm welcome with all of you. That is funny because, everyone keep their "nickname"...

You didn't have to be asked, millenium 03, you are welcome here with all of us, and I'm glad to see all the new people, it keeps it lively and interesting. :rotflmao:
I will go and look for your guitar collection pics, I don't remember seeing them yet. I work construction and only get home on weekends.:)
One reason TheFret is a nice place is Robert. Besides being a nice person, he keeps close tabs on the site; spammers, troublemakers, vulgar and profane a$$es, and people who refuse to follow his policy aren't around long.:spank:

just strum
December 1st, 2007, 10:09 AM
See.... now this is just funny. :rotflmao:

Yan must be visiting the website shiner keeps refering to.

Hey Dreadman, nice to see you again. You must be really busy.